GO Transit

Enzo Aquarius

Has the Richmond Hill Train line all fixed this week? I remember last week there were delays due to construction.

What work where they doing? There are a lot of small bridges on that route that go over some small creeks, i'm sure they require a lot of maintenance. They were also doing work at the bottom track where it connects to the main line....i never understand why that train goes from track 1 to 2 to 1 again, which makes that route extremely slow.

What work where they doing? There are a lot of small bridges on that route that go over some small creeks, i'm sure they require a lot of maintenance. They were also doing work at the bottom track where it connects to the main line....i never understand why that train goes from track 1 to 2 to 1 again, which makes that route extremely slow.

The bridges are all fine for the foreseeable future.

They were doing some rail replacements, and a huge tie replacement program. In some places they replaced about 80% of the ties.

Dan

Does anyone have a master list of which train departs from which platform at Union station (in general)? Include express and local versions.

I can't see to find it on GO's site until the train actually arrives and is displayed on that Union Stn LED screen.

Not sure if this is rare or not, but I figure I'd post it as it's the first i've seen this:

GO Locomotive # 610 made TWO appearances on the Richmond Hill line this evening (in service). It was the lead car but also was coupled with unit 522.

Does anyone have a master list of which train departs from which platform at Union station (in general)? Include express and local versions.

I can't see to find it on GO's site until the train actually arrives and is displayed on that Union Stn LED screen.

I have older ones, nothing up to date.

Send me a PM in about a week's time - I won't have a chance to look for them until then.

Dan

The reason its not posted, is because it changes from time to time. Passengers are told of the platform the train/ coach is departing from 10 minutes prior to departure. This also prevents people from milling around the already crowded platforms ahead of time.

Not sure if this is rare or not, but I figure I'd post it as it's the first i've seen this:

GO Locomotive # 610 made TWO appearances on the Richmond Hill line this evening (in service). It was the lead car but also was coupled with unit 522.

How come they use them when only using 10 car trains? Is it faster that way?

I have older ones, nothing up to date.

Send me a PM in about a week's time - I won't have a chance to look for them until then.

Dan

I see; thanks.

The reason its not posted, is because it changes from time to time. Passengers are told of the platform the train/ coach is departing from 10 minutes prior to departure. This also prevents people from milling around the already crowded platforms ahead of time.

But I find usually it goes on the same platform. For example, the Lakeshore West local is 3B while 3A is express of that same line. This is for PM Rush.

I see; thanks.

But I find usually it goes on the same platform. For example, the Lakeshore West local is 3B while 3A is express of that same line. This is for PM Rush.

Georgetown/Richmond Hill: 1

Lakeshore West Express: 2

Lakeshore West Local: 3B

Stouffville: 4A

Lakeshore East Local/Express: 5A

Barrie: 6A

Milton: 7A

As far as I remembered..

I see; thanks.

That line has the worst on time performance, also because there is a significant grade, with lots of curves, imaging trying to maintain speed with 10 cars full of people, let alone 12.

All of the trainsets are now at least 10 cars long.

That line has the worst on time performance, also because there is a significant grade, with lots of curves, imaging trying to maintain speed with 10 cars full of people, let alone 12.

The grades and curves of the line have nothing to do with the on-time performance - the schedulers have taken them into account.

The problem is that it's a single-track line with traffic in both directions, and at the top end crosses CN's mainline to eastern Canada and is on CN's mainline to western Canada. It's busy all of the time.

Dan

All of the trainsets are now at least 10 cars long.

I think the question was: why are MP40s running on trains that are NOT twelve cars long?

Speaking of which, has anyone heard updated timelines on bringing twelve car trains to the Lakeshore line?

I think the question was: why are MP40s running on trains that are NOT twelve cars long?

Speaking of which, has anyone heard updated timelines on bringing twelve car trains to the Lakeshore line?

I've had some express trains on Lakeshore East run as twelve car sets, and myself and some others noticed an ease in overcrowding.

Georgetown/Richmond Hill: 1

Lakeshore West Express: 2

Lakeshore West Local: 3B

Stouffville: 4A

Lakeshore East Local/Express: 5A

Barrie: 6A

Milton: 7A

As far as I remembered..

Georgetown and Richmond Hill share the same platform? :lol:

What about 3A, 4-7Bs? Or do they even exist.

2390 arrived today from Newmarket and it isn't a D4500CTH by the builder's plate. Dan, you should be happy you're right! LOL.

It's now most likely 2396-97 as the CTHs.

However, I don't totally trust the plates since I found one that says D4505! I wish GO has a D4505.

Georgetown and Richmond Hill share the same platform? :lol:

Yes. The trains are staggered. One arrives, loads and departs, then the next arrives, loads & departs. And so forth. The Bramalea flip trains use it in the afternoon.

What about 3A, 4-7Bs? Or do they even exist.

If there's two platforms that can be used for loading passengers around a track, they call them #A (north side) & #B (south side). The major exception is Tracks 1 & 2, which are right next to each other, so isn't possible there.

Of course, this can be mixed up if there's platform or track construction, or if a train is late and misses its slot in the syncronized ballet that is morning & evening rush hour.

However, I don't totally trust the plates since I found one that says D4505! I wish GO has a D4505.

Whoops! :P

I wish I could tell you what buses arrive at Newmarket as a steady flow of new buses are being parked gradually in the back of the lot. Unfortunately, GO erected a wooden fence on the road beside the Wal-Mart, so the only buses you can see are at the spots adjacent to Veolia garage...and even then you would need binoculars to see the fleet numbers. :D

How else do you expect them to be broken in? "Trial by fire?"

The other problem is that some of the stations still aren't ready for 12-car trains. While GO was willing to work around that issue on the Milton Line, I've heard reports that the 3 Milton trains that make runs on the Lakeshore Lines have been running with two cars blocked off and closed.

Nope. I'm sure that whatever this issue with MPI was has pushed back the timelines by a couple of months at least.

Dan

The Star has a long article on thefts of car parts from GO parking lots:

http://www.thestar.com/GTA/Fixer/article/459534

Yes, there was an incident @ Rouge Hill GO Station where somebody's cars were stripped of their catalytic converters. My guess is I'll have to e-mail Gary McNeil about the problem with the security at GO Stations and how he can solve it.

610 was being tested again today on Richmond Hill trains 832, 833 and 837. Pulls like a dream!

On my trip:

Saw new MP40 train 603 today in Mississauga, or where ever the trains/cars are parked. My brother counted the cars on it, and he came to 15. We were on the Lakeshore East train.

Go trains now have T.V's inside of them, they look about 15-20 inches, and they display news. I dont know if you already knew..

Rode Newly refurbed bus, 2107 to Aldershot Go from Hamilton this morning, pretty nice.

Got on bus 2178 at Union Station, which had BAD air condition, I was sweating like a dog the whole ride to Hamilton.

Last but not least, spotted 2390 at the Hamilton Go..

Chris :D