The Random Thoughts Thread

buswizard

Random thought 1)  I can't believe the largest and best equipped team in the indoor football league folded.

Random thought 2)  I'm listening to a concert on Youtube and the cymbals don't sound right at all.  I can hear what the lossy compression coding is doing to them and I don't like it.

Random thought 3)  I cannot find the lasagne recipe I used back in the summer and it's pissing me off.

• Thanks 2

1. When I see "Transit Lounge" in General Discussion, I think of something very different. 

2. I wonder how many times I have gotten the Fire Dept. called on me. I wish there was a way to find out.

3. When I hear "foamer", I think of multiple tiny tots chillin' on a GO Train platform or a transit fan in a bubble bath?

• Haha 2

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:05 PM, STO_1601 said:

I just installed Grammarly today. I hope this will make my writing and grammar a little better. 

I have been using the Grammarly mobile keyboard on my phone for a year or so and hate how it still doesn't support swipe inputs. So much that now I am faster tapping keys rather than swiping.

4 hours ago, Transit geek said:

I have been using the Grammarly mobile keyboard on my phone for a year or so and hate how it still doesn't support swipe inputs. So much that now I am faster tapping keys rather than swiping.

Where i5 too Swiss it doesn't n u well

(When I try swiping it doesn't turn out too well)

It's funny how nap time is required in Kindergarten when you don't want to take one, but it's forbidden in high school when you need to take one.

Every time I'm left alone in an examining room, I get the sneaking suspicion they're watching me on a hidden camera like it's some new reality show.

The GPS lady always makes me feel better about myself because she can't pronounce the Spanish street names either.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I think I'm becoming more of a TTC fan now, although I'm still not crazy about the older TTC buses such as Vs, fishbowls, RTS, D40LF, etc even though I loved those bus models when OC Transpo had them. To be fair, I've never ridden them at TTC...

Now that I think about it, I do want to come down to Toronto in the future to look for buses since our current fleet here in Ottawa is nothing to write home about.

This local restaurant has a bunch of Seeburg stereo consolette jukebox remote boxes in the booths in one of their dining rooms.  From the selections, it looks like they stopped putting new records in the jukebox around 1994 or so.  Ace of Base on 7" single makes me shudder.  They decommissioned it a couple of years ago and piped in the local Bell Media easy listening fluff station and I've never seen the jukebox master unit itself.  Until today when this emergency exit door next to the men's room was left open.  There it was in the hallway behind.  Dead and dark.  What a shame.  Sitting next to it on a chair was a black box home theatre receiver tuned to the offending easy listening station.

Good to know for future reference because with a 1/8" stereo mini to RCA cable and a junk MP3 player from home and maybe a minute and a half and no more jukebox is no problem - I can still inflict my taste in music on that restaurant's patrons!  :D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, captaintrolley said:

My son's birthday today. He's 35 !!!  Historically he has always had warm weather on his birthday. Although today is -6°C right now, it's the warmest it's been all month. My birthday is near the end of April, and it's always COLD.

Mine is in August, so unless I am wintering over in Antarctica, I will be warm!?

1 hour ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

I have three 10 foot charging cables from Dollarama, they all broke on me within a month.

That wireless charger will probably be defective or stop working shortly.

Cheap stuff. I normally don't buy stuff from the Dollar Store unless it is something that I am only gonna use a few times, and if I leave it behind somewhere no biggie. I've never been impressed by anything in that store.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

I have three 10 foot charging cables from Dollarama, they all broke on me within a month.

That wireless charger will probably be defective or stop working shortly.

I find it's only the 3-meter cables that fail. If you buy the regular one meter cables they work for almost an eternity. I've bought 4 micro USB cables and they haven't broke yet (I've had them for 7 months)

17 hours ago, 7575 said:

You'll see in a few days why every dollar store doesn't have them...

I hope I do but at the same time I hope I don't ?

On 2/23/2019 at 2:24 PM, Imgursdownvote4love said:

"Wireless"

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-46346520.jpeg_1550949775427.thumb.jpeg.40a68808c6285c65acf22bda9ac5b4f2.jpeg

SMH my head

It's wireless contact. They don't literally mean wireless in sense you don't need a power supply ?