GO Transit

Enzo Aquarius

I rode on a 2200 series the other day, and even though the driver had it to start on 2, it jerked like crazy when stating up. Is that normal? Or he doesnt know how to modulate the pedal? They seem to take longer to get up to speed, costing time in the schedule.

Most of the ones I've been on are relatively smooth starting and going through the gears, but there's always an odd one that's a bit more jerky.

Most of the ones I've been on are relatively smooth starting and going through the gears, but there's always an odd one that's a bit more jerky.

It may be because the driver lifts his or her foot off of the gas when the bus shifts, confusing the computer.

Dan

Neat idea to add the plane symbol on the destination sign, though odd to see a Suburban on an airport route with the possibility of baggage. :lol:

Atleast there's still SOME layover area left for YRT/Viva...though only for about 1 vehicle.

558 at one point was laying over behind the GO bus.

However, 722, the 4th bus for the 1, which usually arrives at 12 and starts service at 12:30, had to layover at the west side of the terminal, which is more narrow than the east side.

EDIT: I just realized this...why are there two different GO transit discussion topics?

I created this topic to allow for a centralized GO Transit discussion area after seeing many GO topics being created. There was already a topic called 'GO' which is now the present 'GO Transit - 2008 Discussion', then GO Questions formed, along with GO Transit Enviros.

I was monitoring the GO Transit on-time status webpage, and noticed a Lakeshore train was late due to a passenger assist, which was later updated to 'police investigation', causing a train to be cancelled. Anybody got some information on this?

Rode on 2363 today. Nice ride. Are they considering any Hybrid versions?

Rode on 2363 today. Nice ride. Are they considering any Hybrid versions?

The board was considering purchasing 2 hybrid-powered D4500CT's a couple of months ago, but I don't know what the result of that discussion was.

Dan

The next GO service changes start June 28. I have just confirmed that Brampton (and Georgetown) will finally see hourly service to Union at this time, and an increase in service hours on that route (hopefully with a 1:30 Saturday departure).

Sean, you're my hero!