Transport Trucks

BCT-3122-D800-10240

The other day while I was standing at the Harwood Ave. overpass for the cortege for our latest fallen soldier, I saw one transport truck from Quebec that has two full semi-trailers hooked up to one truck!

Has anyone seen an instance of that? Is it legal to drive those on Ontario roads? I'm talking about road trains or technically speaking "Long Combination Vehicles".

There is information regarding your questions on the first page of this thread to help you out.

helps with airflow and saves on diesel

Oh I know what it is for, but for a trucker it makes getting under the trailer for any reason a real pain.

I've smacked my head a few good many times trying to crawl around under a trailer, thats why truckers were baseball bats, the rim hits the object before your head does, plus it stops drips from above.

Plus if you blow a brake chamber in the leading trailer axle it would make it hard for the the mechanic to fix. Its hard enough being under a trailer alongside a road like the 401. You always have to keep an eye out for that one car thats got your name on it.

What year are the newer 53 foot Wabash National reefers im seeing for Loblaws?

We've got 53' Wabash dry trailers, mostly 2008, those are in the 308XXXX/309XXXX series. The last batch of 53' reefers are I believe 2006-2007 Wabash, fleet numbers in the 807XXXX series. We've got a ton of older beat up 53' Great Dane reefers that were sent down to Cambridge from our now closed Sudbury warehouse, but I got no clue what year those are. Lately there has been a mish-mash of rentals showing up at the store from Cambridge, not quite sure whats prompting that though. Cambridge has a huge fleet of trailers, and there is no explanation for it.

Oh I know what it is for, but for a trucker it makes getting under the trailer for any reason a real pain.

I've smacked my head a few good many times trying to crawl around under a trailer, thats why truckers were baseball bats, the rim hits the object before your head does, plus it stops drips from above.

Plus if you blow a brake chamber in the leading trailer axle it would make it hard for the the mechanic to fix. Its hard enough being under a trailer alongside a road like the 401. You always have to keep an eye out for that one car thats got your name on it.

very true about that

We've got 53' Wabash dry trailers, mostly 2008, those are in the 308XXXX/309XXXX series. The last batch of 53' reefers are I believe 2006-2007 Wabash, fleet numbers in the 807XXXX series. We've got a ton of older beat up 53' Great Dane reefers that were sent down to Cambridge from our now closed Sudbury warehouse, but I got no clue what year those are. Lately there has been a mish-mash of rentals showing up at the store from Cambridge, not quite sure whats prompting that though. Cambridge has a huge fleet of trailers, and there is no explanation for it.

most of the time with big companies is when they have large fleets of rentals it means that either a large group of units are due either owned or leased. but the units being replaced have already been retired or returned to the lease companies

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A nice Western Star pulling for North American Van Lines:

No such thing as a nice Western Star. Hating driving the SOB's. Smacked my knees on the dash, the space between gear on the shifter was too small when grinding gears so it was easy to get the wrong one, or not find the one you needed.

• 2 weeks later...