The Random Thoughts Thread

buswizard

Sure, sue me because I call it junk every single time I see one but it's not without reason(s) that affects anyone using it on a daily basis.

Like dybrids?

Believe me, when you get older you won't care so much. I used to care about those things too (old fleet numbers, wierd GM plates, etc...). Now I simply don't have the time or energy. -_- So enjoy the hobby as much as you can now. The teen years are the best time for it. Getting old SUX. :angry:

Well, by the time I've moved out of my teen years the unique buses which I chase after now will be long gone anyway.

From a transit fan POV sure they're junk but from the maintenance side, they sure are doing a whole lot better than the other buses. Not gonna name specifics.

Interesting, I thought they were still the biggest pieces of ish in the fleet.

Yeah, I hear you. Actually I stopped actively transitfanning in 2002. Because I thought there was nothing worth photographing :lol:.

Well, the only thing still keeping me in this hobby is the Orion Vs, RTS, H5, H6, and CLRV/ALRV streetcars. Aside from that, I'm much more interested in Europe's vehicles - Tatra trams, Karosa buses, Skoda trolleys, etc etc.

No. In this case, it's the problems with the TRs I have.

Ah, I see.

the TRs are such big pieces of crap, as a fan i thought they were cool at first because they were a new shiny thing, now using them frequently and seeing the issues, i hate the dang things........

I like their interiors and gangways, but that's about it. Will take a T1 over them in a heartbeat. Be pretty great if they ended up being worse than the H5s were in their early years, too. :P

Interesting, I thought they were still the biggest pieces of ish in the fleet.

It may appear that way, especially when they're 40% of the fleet, but compared to other buses *cough* RTS *cough*, they're a heck of a lot better.

I'll admit, I'll miss the RTS when they're gone even though they're crap. I used to despise the NG hybrids but now I just accept them because they're here to stay. Also I live in mount Dennis territory so I see them pretty much everyday. :rolleyes:

It may appear that way, especially when they're 40% of the fleet, but compared to other buses *cough* RTS *cough*, they're a heck of a lot better.

I see what you mean... even from a passenger's perspective it can be quite obvious, especially the doors which never seem to want to close properly for some reason. On that note, how are the Orion Vs doing, particularly the 9400s?

I'll admit, I'll miss the RTS when they're gone even though they're crap. I used to despise the NG hybrids but now I just accept them because they're here to stay. Also I live in mount Dennis territory so I see them pretty much everyday. :rolleyes:

I can't complain about the hybrids... without them the Fishbowl LEP would never have gone ahead. :P The powertrain is also pleasant to listen to, but maybe that's just me who thinks that.

• 3 weeks later...

it's not just Kijiji, it's anyone's email address too now who you know, but are unaware someone is using their alias.

A even better question is why Kijiji is infected with so many people who post that they are looking for work, when it's supposed to be about employers looking (qualified) people and you applying.

it's not just Kijiji, it's anyone's email address too now who you know, but are unaware someone is using their alias.

A even better question is why Kijiji is infected with so many people who post that they are looking for work, when it's supposed to be about employers looking (qualified) people and you applying.

+10000

Total entitlement mentality.

When my uncle was in his 20's he had a size 28 waist. Wow. Even when I was 16 my waist was a size 32 so I can't imagine how skinny he must have been back then.

Size 28 waist makes buying jeans an adventure. :P

When my uncle was in his 20's he had a size 28 waist. Wow. Even when I was 16 my waist was a size 32 so I can't imagine how skinny he must have been back then.

In my early 20's I had a size 17 " waist. I was a size 7. Then a couple years after my kid was born I managed to get back down to a size 9 and 21 " waist. Managed to maintain that for about 10 years, then after about age 38 I lost the battle to gravity. A sit down job, middle-age spread, hormone changes...I gave up battling. I just exercise and eat healthy and hope for the best.