Pictures from Germany

GermanBus

Danke für das Lob und auch für die Verbesserung

Du kannst Deutsch? Warum? ^_^

Thanks forcommendation and correction.

You're speaking German? Why?

Took German in university, sadly don't remember too much these days but always happy to use it, especially to welcome someone to the board!

I studied the history of the KPEV (Prussia) as well as the PKP. As a result I picked up quite a bit of knowledge on older German locomotives.

Took German in university, sadly don't remember too much these days but always happy to use it, especially to welcome someone to the board!

I studied introductory German in university as well. I did use it on occasion during my first season working in tourism, because many German tourists visit Vancouver, and many German travel agencies all work with the same company in Canada, which was one of my employer's biggest clients. My German was good enough that I could handle small groups of guests fairly easily - until something went wrong, then I was screwed. ^_^ LOL. Probably a bit rusty now...

Also, wilkommen zum CPTDB, Marius! Hier sind wir vielen "Transit-fans" von Canada. Wir wilkommen immer gern zu unseren Gemeinde neuen Transit-fans. ^_^

I think, we talk at cross-purposes.

http://bahnbilder-nrw.bplaced.net/galerie/...f5sdaf054af.jpg

This is the RegioSprinter, I talked from. Do you mean this one?

Yep!

We had one come to North America. I ran for a period in Calgary, made a brief visit to Edmonton, and I believe ran for awhile in San Diego.

http://www.barp.ca/bus/alberta/ct/regiosprinter.html

• 3 years later...

So for those who follow updates on my website regularly, you will have noticed a steady stream of photos from several places in Europe. Included in this are Germany. So far I've got some photos from Berlin and Munich up. Frankfurt, Cologne and Solingen are also coming in the near future.

Anyways, one of the neatest things I came upon were some trams built between 1967-1969 still operating in Munich! Here are some photos, you can find more photos by heading to my website in the link at the bottom of this post.

mvg_2028-2.jpg

mvg_3039.jpg

• 1 month later...

Some updates over the past little while.

Uploaded some photos for the following German cities. Berlin (lots of variety), Frankfurt and Solingen.

Some highlights here, check out my website to see more photos.

Duwag U2 late 70's/early 80's from Frankfurt

vgf-ubahn_399.jpg

A DAF/Berkhof articulated trolleybus from Solingen.

solingen_173.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Mahlzeit! Seeing that you've taken quite a few photos in Solingen, I'm surprised not to be seeing any photos of the schwebebahn in Wuppertal ... better get on that ;)

Exactly..That would be another dream place to fan. I love all the youtube videos of that. Simon even has a youtube in 3D, but you need those cheap paper 3D glasses, not the ones they currently use in the theaters. I am still searching for a pair of 3D glasses that will work on this particular video. It can be viewed in regular format as well.

Dusseldorf Airport has one as well, built after the fire destroyed most of the airport back in 1996. It links the new airport train station which is located on the main tracks by the threshold of runways 23L and R with the main terminal and car park ... there is also a great observation area located on the roof of the train station as well as the observation on the roof of Pier B of the main terminal. The train station used to be under the main terminal and there still is one but the only train to use it is a S-Bahn to the main train station in Dusseldorf where a you can access DB's entire network from the new station without having to change trains in Dusseldorf or Duisburg or Essen.

That's what I miss about Germany, the variety of public transportation. I had a tram stop right in front of my door so when I'd g to work, I'd hop on to the tram to the train station, hop on a train and then a bus. DUS airport was 15 mins away, hop on the tram to Duisburg Hbf, onto a train to the airport, onto the schwebebahn to the terminal and on to the airplane.

That's what I miss about Germany, the variety of public transportation. I had a tram stop right in front of my door so when I'd g to work, I'd hop on to the tram to the train station, hop on a train and then a bus. DUS airport was 15 mins away, hop on the tram to Duisburg Hbf, onto a train to the airport, onto the schwebebahn to the terminal and on to the airplane.

Sounds like a fun commute :)