The schedule below applies to both days. A map of the museum will be available on site each day of the event.
- 8 a.m. - Gates open
- 8:15 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. - Heritage Power Parade in the area south of the roundhouse. This is a photo event featuring each heritage unit separately and side-by-side with historic locomotives from predecessor railroads.
- 11 a.m. - Welcome, announcements, and safety briefing in the turntable area. Norfolk Southern CEO Wick Moorman will speak on July 3 only.
- 1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. - Conrail locomotive family around the turntable. Up-close visiting time for Southern and Norfolk & Western family units.
- 2:30 p.m. - 4 p.m. - Norfolk & Western family around the turntable. Up-close visiting time for Conrail and Southern family units.
- 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. - Southern family around the turntable. Up-close visiting time for Norfolk & Western and Conrail family units.
- 5:30 p.m. - 8 p.m. - All 20 units around the turntable with NS locomotive 1030 (signifying NS' 30th anniversary) on display.
- 9 p.m. - 11 p.m. - Night photo session. Schedule to be determined.
Tickets are $25 for adults and $15 for children in advance, and $30 for adults and $20 for children the day of the event. Children 2 and under are free. Tickets can be purchased at the NCTM's website or by calling 704-636-2889, ext. 237. Norfolk Southern employees and retirees are eligible for a $5 discount, with a limit of four tickets per purchase. Some restrictions may apply. Retirees must purchase tickets by phone to get the discount.