Photo

It’s “Tri-Maritime” – New Intercity Network for NS, NB & PEI

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ghYHZ

• 109 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

Tri-Maritime Bus Network Inc will be the new intercity operator in the Maritimes when Acadian abandons their routes on December 1. But for now.......a shot of an Orleans vehicle operating the morning Acadian run from the Annapolis Valley into Halifax at Windsor NS today (Oct 27).

Posted Image

#2 canuck600

• 1,208 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

That provision for operators of smaller vehicles to not need a operating authority is a gaping huge hole in the regulations. If i was was operating scheduled bus service in Nova Scotia I would be screaming blue murder until that loophole was closed.

#3 roeco

• 810 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

Maritime Bus Service(Trius Tours) out of PEI will take over Acadian service Dec.1! HOwever they will not take over everything Acadian currently runs. 80% of the route network at least they will have. And Maritime Bus is a company that thinks outside the box, they said if they only need a 24 pass bus for a route thats all they will use, no use using a large bus if u dont need it! Wish they were that way out west, much more economical to run a smaller vehicle on a less travelled run!

#4 ghYHZ

• 109 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

Here's NS Utilities & Review Board's dicision on the Tri-Maritimes application and it certainly appears they are willing to work with them:

http://www.nsuarb.ca...eg line run.pdf

#5 BusMaxx

• CPTDB Wiki Editor
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

Smooth start for Maritime Bus
http://www.cbc.ca/ne...bus-launch.html

#6 Prevost

• 1,088 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

So to confirm, only Acadien is shutting down, Orleans Express is still in full service correct?

#7 TheAverageJoe

• 6,983 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

So to confirm, only Acadien is shutting down, Orleans Express is still in full service correct?

Yes Orleans is still the same in Quebec

#8 roeco

• 810 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

And I do see that Maritime Bus is also Interlining Freight with Greyhound so u can still ship a package to the Maritimes.

#9 TheAverageJoe

• 6,983 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

And I do see that Maritime Bus is also Interlining Freight with Greyhound so u can still ship a package to the Maritimes.

Should be the same what Acadien/Orleans was doing correct?

#10 roeco

• 810 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

Should be the same what Acadien/Orleans was doing correct?

Yep Im pretty sure its the same or pretty close to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users