Photo

Megabus US/Canada

• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

#1 aemoreira81

• CPTDB Wiki Editor
  • 341 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 11:20 PM

Click 58503 to enter (except on the top). All pictures are my own.

Posted Image

Next week, I hope to get a pic of a NeOn bus (Greyhound/Trailways NY/Greyhound Canada service competing with Megabus).
At the MTA, we're serious about stopping lawsuits...your lawsuits.

MySpace page

#2 A. Wong

• Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 17,346 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 11:57 PM

Great shots! How far does $1 take you, to the next stop? :)

How do you tell which company owns the bus?

Vamoose has some nice VanHools!

Posted Image
Bombardier | the evolution of mobility

#3 Orion VIII

• High floor buses and high floor buildings

• CPTDB Administrator
  • 11,232 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:13 AM

I just looked at their site... I can get a free ticket for tomorrow night from Boston-New York. Also, if you buy a ticket now for November, it's $1. The farther ahead you buy, the cheaper it is.
Posted Image
That moment where the buses are all lined up as if it was a charter.

VISIT MY WEBSITE | VIDEOS

#4 A. Wong

• Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 17,346 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:14 AM

So how exactly is profit made?

Posted Image
Bombardier | the evolution of mobility

#5 general682002

• Grab one, kill everyone!

• CPTDB Wiki Editor
  • 12,407 posts
  • Location:Oakville, ON (Yes, I live in a rich city, which I'm not one of them!)

Posted 01 June 2008 - 01:58 AM

Did heard that there's a Megabus service available between Toronto-NYC for anyone who can't afford Dogpound.
More and more transit system are sticking to LF because of economical issues! Where as HF, it will be a rare to see in much future times!

As of April 2009, I have finally rode Nova Classic T-drive, two types of different engine! Which ones is better? Series 50 all the way man!

2011 Charter: Able to manage to attend as there are some good ones to go for!

My Youtube video: www.youtube.com/general682002

My photos: http://www.flickr.co...s/27668078@N07/

#6 sbs7207b

• 162 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 04:06 AM

Is New York getting any Van Hool double deckers?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reaching New Heights in Australia and North America

#7 aemoreira81

• CPTDB Wiki Editor
  • 341 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 07:52 AM

Did heard that there's a Megabus service available between Toronto-NYC for anyone who can't afford Dogpound.

There is also a competing service from Greyhound and Trailways of New York...called NeOn, operating between Royal York Hotel and the New Yorker Hotel (one block away from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden).

Also, double deckers should be in by the end of the month. As for those considering traveling to NYC for the roadeo, you also have a choice...NeOn, which probably has seats, and Megabus, which is less likely.

Coach USA owns all of the buses...the operator name is on the bottom skirt (and is also listed in the gallery for each bus). Gold Line is Martz Trailways-Gray Line DC, 76 Carriage is Philadelphia Trolley Works, DATTCO is the name of the third, and Megabus Northeast LLC is Coach USA Olympia Trails in Elizabeth, NJ.

Unlike BoltBus, there are no special uniforms for the drivers...only the uniform of the operator.

MySpace page

#8 sbs7207b

• 162 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 02:48 AM

There is also a competing service from Greyhound and Trailways of New York...called NeOn, operating between Royal York Hotel and the New Yorker Hotel (one block away from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden).

Also, double deckers should be in by the end of the month. As for those considering traveling to NYC for the roadeo, you also have a choice...NeOn, which probably has seats, and Megabus, which is less likely.

Coach USA owns all of the buses...the operator name is on the bottom skirt (and is also listed in the gallery for each bus). Gold Line is Martz Trailways-Gray Line DC, 76 Carriage is Philadelphia Trolley Works, DATTCO is the name of the third, and Megabus Northeast LLC is Coach USA Olympia Trails in Elizabeth, NJ.

Unlike BoltBus, there are no special uniforms for the drivers...only the uniform of the operator.

Hope Megabus will use the Van Hool Double deckers on the toronto runs.

How many Van Hools did they ordered?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#9 a.dicion

• Hey sexy lady

• CPTDB Wiki Editor
  • 967 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:27 AM

The additional order for the Van Hool doublers was made by Coach USA, since the megabus service is jointly operated by Coach USA and Coach Canada, the chances of seeing a Van Hool double decker in Toronto is low because Coach Canada provides the buses for the trips within Ontario. The closest place we can probably get to see these double deckers will be in Buffalo where the transfers from Coach Canada to Coach USA buses take place.

Here is a photo of one their Van Hools
Posted Image
From the Megabus website
Allen Dicion
webmaster of ....
Transithub & The Canadian Transit Heritage Foundation

** DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS **

Stop the crazy train

#10 sbs7207b

• 162 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 09:02 AM

The additional order for the Van Hool doublers was made by Coach USA, since the megabus service is jointly operated by Coach USA and Coach Canada, the chances of seeing a Van Hool double decker in Toronto is low because Coach Canada provides the buses for the trips within Ontario. The closest place we can probably get to see these double deckers will be in Buffalo where the transfers from Coach Canada to Coach USA buses take place.

Here is a photo of one their Van Hools
Posted Image
From the Megabus website

Thanks, thats very interesting, I am planning to ride Megabus from Toronton to New York, now I am understood I have to transfere to a Coach USA bus after I have cross the boarder...

#11 aemoreira81

• CPTDB Wiki Editor
  • 341 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:06 AM

Thanks, thats very interesting, I am planning to ride Megabus from Toronton to New York, now I am understood I have to transfere to a Coach USA bus after I have cross the boarder...

Wait a minute---it isn't just a change of drivers in Buffalo? I ask because Greyhound Canada doesn't make you change buses on the competing NeOn service (stop in Buffalo is only for a driver change).

MySpace page

#12 a.dicion

• Hey sexy lady

• CPTDB Wiki Editor
  • 967 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:41 PM

Wait a minute---it isn't just a change of drivers in Buffalo? I ask because Greyhound Canada doesn't make you change buses on the competing NeOn service (stop in Buffalo is only for a driver change).

I haven't seen any Megabus up here in the morning or the evening. However I will check on this sometime later on this week, before or after work since I work downtown.
Allen Dicion
webmaster of ....

Stop the crazy train

#13 aemoreira81

• CPTDB Wiki Editor
  • 341 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:21 PM

I haven't seen any Megabus up here in the morning or the evening. However I will check on this sometime later on this week, before or after work since I work downtown.

The Megabus departure is at 9 AM and 9 PM from Royal York.

MySpace page

#14 a.dicion

• Hey sexy lady

• CPTDB Wiki Editor
  • 967 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:56 PM

The Megabus departure is at 9 AM and 9 PM from Royal York.

Well... turns out I was wrong. They use Coach USA coaches (DATTCO most likely) to operate the Megabus Service to/from Toronto. I spotted this one yesterday evening loading on York Street just outside the Royal York Hotel.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Megabus left on-time right at 21:00.
Allen Dicion
webmaster of ....

Stop the crazy train

#15 aemoreira81

• CPTDB Wiki Editor
  • 341 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:37 PM

Actually, 58524 is marked for Megabus Northeast LLC in Elizabeth, NJ, aka Olympia Trails (where Coach USA operates other routes and transit services serving Essex and Hudson Counties in New Jersey (Also based out of the facility are Red & Tan in Hudson County, which uses mostly Stagecoach UK Bus branding (2 routes, soon to be 1), a few NJ Transit Blue-Birds, and 24 Orion 7s for Newark Airport shuttles, Olympia Trails, which has two routes (NY-Newark Airport and NY-Plainfield), and Orange Newark Elizabeth Bus, 3 routes). I would also presume that Trentway-Wagar may pull into Olympia Trails to lay over in the greater NYC area if not at Greyhound (I have shot Trentway-Wagar 83918 just north of it at Jersey Gardens.)

58525, which I have shot, has the exact same markings on it.

MySpace page

#16 Orion9131

• 2,175 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:13 PM

I am actually going to take make that trip sometime this summer...
RIP TROLLEYS....

(Drawing Courtesy of Edmonton Trolley Coalition)

#17 aemoreira81

• CPTDB Wiki Editor
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:24 PM

I am actually going to take make that trip sometime this summer...

You might want to try NeOn as a fallback. Megabus may need to add more departures because it is selling fast.

MySpace page

#18 IRT_BMT_IND

• 807 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:41 PM

How many Van Hools did they ordered?

They would probably need MTO approval to run double decker buses (I know that GO did). There are probably clearance issues on the QEW as well.

#19 sbs7207b

• 162 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:18 PM

Just wondering is NYC getting Van Hool Double decker Coaches soon?
Gotta work out for my trip in mid September

Thanks

#20 NYC BUS FAN

• CPTDB Wiki Editor
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:39 AM

Just wondering is NYC getting Van Hool Double decker Coaches soon?
Gotta work out for my trip in mid September

Thanks

Megabus is going to run them on the NYC-DC Line somtime in the near future.
-Richard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users