Photo

LACMTA NABI 42BRT

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 000

• Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:41 PM

Oh that's right, 31-LFW not 35-LFW, my mistake. Anyway, there are very few contracted lines that would warrant 40ft bus, the only one that I can think of off the top of my head is 232.

None of the 45C's or 42-BRT are going to be replacing any contracted fleets, I'm pretty sure of that. But the 45C is certainly targeting some of the Neoplans, first priority though are the RTS' and D40LF's in that order. Metro plans to order some more 45C's once they go ahead with the new Harbor Transitway-El Monte Busway BRT service.

ok,how do you know? when will the 31 LFW come,what year?????

I think they should just order 40 footer bus to replace all contracted bus fleet,sometimes LACMTA can be dumb because they are ordering 31 footer bus and those are slow.

as for NYCTA
at leaset NYCTA is smart for ordering 40 footer-60 footer bus and not odering small buses,the only thing the NYCTA is dumb for is ordering Hybrid buses,they should just order clean diesel buses,but the NOVABus LFS Artic order has to be Diesel and NOT Hybrid since NOVABus only has a Diesel Version of LFSA Artic,so MTA has no choice but to buy Diesel. B)

back on topic:
and the contracted line that use 40 footer are 232,96,603,125,128,130,205,that what i know,so they will have to use 40 footer NABI,New Flyer,and Neoplan buses when all the other contracted bus fleet retire.

Also LACMTA should buy Orion VII NG CNG and New Flyer instead of getting NABIs,they have too many NABIs,iwant LACMTA to have also Orion VII NG CNG and New Flyer buses.

Also btw the order of the NABI 42 BRT was origianlly suppose to be an order of the New Flyer GE40LF,but then since the NABI made a NABI BRT 42 and and had hybrid also on option,LACMYTA had to go to them instead of buying New Flyer GE40LF. well sometimes LACMTA can be dumb you know.

well hopefully they start ordering New Flyers and Orions again.

I wish they cna also order NOVABus's buses,but too bad in Calfornia it's "illegal to order Diesel buses and Diesel Electric buses" because it's less polluting,huh.too bad NOVABus did not made CNG fuel version of their LFS/LFSA/LFX buses then that means Calfornia won't able order those buses. :D

Hopefully they make a CNG,LNG,Propane fuel version of LFS/LFSA/LFX so Calfornia can buy LFS/LFSA/LFX.

AT leaset NOT all TA's are going Green in the world,I'm sure most TA go green in the world. :(

#22 ieko

• CPTDB Wiki Editor
  • 545 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:47 PM

ok,how do you know? when will the 31 LFW come,what year?????

I think they should just order 40 footer bus to replace all contracted bus fleet,sometimes LACMTA can be dumb because they are ordering 31 footer bus and those are slow.

as for NYCTA
at leaset NYCTA is smart for ordering 40 footer-60 footer bus and not odering small buses,the only thing the NYCTA is dumb for is ordering Hybrid buses,they should just order clean diesel buses,but the NOVABus LFS Artic order has to be Diesel and NOT Hybrid since NOVABus only has a Diesel Version of LFSA Artic,so MTA has no choice but to buy Diesel. :D

back on topic:
and the contracted line that use 40 footer are 232,96,603,125,128,130,205,that what i know,so they will have to use 40 footer NABI,New Flyer,and Neoplan buses when all the other contracted bus fleet retire.

Also LACMTA should buy Orion VII NG CNG and New Flyer instead of getting NABIs,they have too many NABIs,iwant LACMTA to have also Orion VII NG CNG and New Flyer buses.

Also btw the order of the NABI 42 BRT was origianlly suppose to be an order of the New Flyer GE40LF,but then since the NABI made a NABI BRT 42 and and had hybrid also on option,LACMYTA had to go to them instead of buying New Flyer GE40LF. well sometimes LACMTA can be dumb you know.

well hopefully they start ordering New Flyers and Orions again.

I wish they cna also order NOVABus's buses,but too bad in Calfornia it's "illegal to order Diesel buses and Diesel Electric buses" because it's less polluting,huh.too bad NOVABus did not made CNG fuel version of their LFS/LFSA/LFX buses then that means Calfornia won't able order those buses. :P

Hopefully they make a CNG,LNG,Propane fuel version of LFS/LFSA/LFX so Calfornia can buy LFS/LFSA/LFX.

AT leaset NOT all TA's are going Green in the world,I'm sure most TA go green in the world. :D

I've read it in one of the monthly reports, I'm not sure which one though. Although I got a lot of the following information from the "Measure R Implementation and Communication Plan" dated April 16, 2009.

Metro plans to buy 400 more 45C's between FY2010-2013 but this is seperate from any contract bus purchases. So for in house services I don't expect to see anything but NABI's for a long time to come. Contracted buses are currently scheduled to be fully replaced by FY2012, but again this is seperate from in house. There are many smaller agencies that have become New Flyer customers however in recent years because of the Diesel ban, Gardena and Torrance are good examples of that so although LACMTA won't be having a very diverse fleet in terms of the maker, the area in general will still have other types, although largely dominated by NABI and New Flyer.

I think it's also highly unlikely that you'll see any Orion VII NG CNG buses down here as many agencies purchase buses together to lower costs, so it wouldn't make much sense for one agency to go with Orion when no one else has any here.

#23 000

• Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:14 PM

I've read it in one of the monthly reports, I'm not sure which one though. Although I got a lot of the following information from the "Measure R Implementation and Communication Plan" dated April 16, 2009.

Metro plans to buy 400 more 45C's between FY2010-2013 but this is seperate from any contract bus purchases. So for in house services I don't expect to see anything but NABI's for a long time to come. Contracted buses are currently scheduled to be fully replaced by FY2012, but again this is seperate from in house. There are many smaller agencies that have become New Flyer customers however in recent years because of the Diesel ban, Gardena and Torrance are good examples of that so although LACMTA won't be having a very diverse fleet in terms of the maker, the area in general will still have other types, although largely dominated by NABI and New Flyer.

I think it's also highly unlikely that you'll see any Orion VII NG CNG buses down here as many agencies purchase buses together to lower costs, so it wouldn't make much sense for one agency to go with Orion when no one else has any here.

Well I know the 1994 Gillig Phamtom would be retired first of the contracted fleet then all the others and the last one to be replaced in the contracted fleet is the Orion VI.

Hopefully LACMTA

LACMTA is dumb for ordering too many NABIs,looks like we won't see any more New Flyers nor Orions nor other bus builders on LACMTA fleet again. :P LACMTA shouldn't even be America's best because they provided worst service before as well. :D

Hopefully NABI goes out of business one day,then LACMTA will have to be forced to buy buses from other bus builders such as New Flyer,Gillig,NOVABus,Van Hools and any other bus builders.

Any Transit Aceney can go to Orion,and LACMTA should buy Orion VII NG CNG but i guess they won't since they always have to buy NABIs.

Most TA always want to order buses from one Bus Manufacter company,it's now gtting annoying. :D

#24 R. McConnell

• CPTDB Wiki Editor
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:55 PM

Thousand Oaks Transit in Ventura County has a few 35-foot Orion VII NG CNGs -- although that's not in LA county.

#25 EBL

• 18 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:30 PM

Regarding MTA's 42BRTs, I find it interesting that the fleet numbers for those are in the 42XX series. Could be a coincidence; the 4200s haven't been used since the '70s for the first 35-foot Flxible New Looks.

I believe Gold Coast Transit in Oxnard bases their fleet numbers at least partially on the bus length. They have 31-foot Orion Vs (or VIs, not sure) that are numbered in the 3100s, and their 40-foot NABIs, New Flyers, and Grummans in the 4000s.

Fleet numbering has always intrigued me, as to whether agencies just pull numbers out of a hat, base them on a characteristic of that vehicle, etc.

#26 000

• Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:34 PM

Thousand Oaks Transit in Ventura County has a few 35-foot Orion VII NG CNGs -- although that's not in LA county.

yep and few TA's in Calfornia such as e-Tran,Sacramento Regional Transit District,Union City Transit,Visalia City Coach and Yolo County Transportation District.

#27 Vbao Lu

• CELOS Orion

• CPTDB Wiki Editor
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:50 PM

very nice photos. SGV-3 and SGV-9 are my divisions. Please of anybody spots those buses on 76,70,268,264 please post those photos on this forum <_< You guys did a good job of hunting them down.
Have a nice day.

CELOS, inbox me for more information.

CELOS

www.celos.ca

#28 LJ7006

• 20 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:05 AM

very nice photos. SGV-3 and SGV-9 are my divisions. Please of anybody spots those buses on 76,70,268,264 please post those photos on this forum <_< You guys did a good job of hunting them down.

Right now SGV-9 has only one (4200)
Now it's fixed on line 487 running # 3
But I am not sure what will happen after next week, cause I just saw about 20 drivers training on the bus on friday.
Up to this point 4200 is still the easiest bus to catch cause of fixed route/running number.
The second easiest one should be 4205 cause most of the time it is running on line 685(SFV-15)
Then it will be 4201 and 4202 since most of the time at least one of them is running 33/333 during rush hour(WSC-6)
The last 2 are 4203 and 4204 cause they are the only 2 buses that goes anywhere(I forgot which divisions there belong to but they belong to the same division)
It might be possible to see 4200 running on 76,70,268,264 after next week but up to this point none of them had never run on these lines

#29 EBL

• 18 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:23 PM

^ "The last 2 are 4203 and 4204 cause they are the only 2 buses that goes anywhere(I forgot which divisions there belong to but they belong to the same division)"

I just saw 4203 today, and I saw 4204 a few weeks ago. They operate in the San Fernando Valley, which I think is Division 15? (I don't work for Metro, so I can't verify that.)

#30 R. McConnell

• CPTDB Wiki Editor
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:47 PM

^ "The last 2 are 4203 and 4204 cause they are the only 2 buses that goes anywhere(I forgot which divisions there belong to but they belong to the same division)"

I just saw 4203 today, and I saw 4204 a few weeks ago. They operate in the San Fernando Valley, which I think is Division 15? (I don't work for Metro, so I can't verify that.)

Correct -- Division 15.

#31 ATE2

• CPTDB Wiki Editor
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:29 AM

Right now SGV-9 has only one (4200)
Now it's fixed on line 487 running # 3
But I am not sure what will happen after next week, cause I just saw about 20 drivers training on the bus on friday.
Up to this point 4200 is still the easiest bus to catch cause of fixed route/running number.
The second easiest one should be 4205 cause most of the time it is running on line 685(SFV-15)
Then it will be 4201 and 4202 since most of the time at least one of them is running 33/333 during rush hour(WSC-6)
The last 2 are 4203 and 4204 cause they are the only 2 buses that goes anywhere(I forgot which divisions there belong to but they belong to the same division)
It might be possible to see 4200 running on 76,70,268,264 after next week but up to this point none of them had never run on these lines

line 685 runs by div-3
Below is the pic that 4203 ran for Sunday 7/19 and Monday 7/20
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Mr.Transit

• 289 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:36 AM

Interestedly, I read a news article from the Charlotte Observer from Saturday about DesignLine's potential business if they receive the stimulus funding they requested. It mentions that they have possible contracts with Charlotte Area Transit, Ohio State University, UC-San Diego and the city of Los Angeles.

#33 LJ7006

• 20 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:15 PM

Interestedly, I read a news article from the Charlotte Observer from Saturday about DesignLine's potential business if they receive the stimulus funding they requested. It mentions that they have possible contracts with Charlotte Area Transit, Ohio State University, UC-San Diego and the city of Los Angeles.

City of Los Angeles means LADOT instead of Los Angeles County (MTA/ Metro)

#34 000

• Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:46 PM

NABI is NOT really relaible,NJT's NABI had problems.

the currently reliable bus buliders are Orion and NOVABus.

#35 R. McConnell

• CPTDB Wiki Editor
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:09 PM

NABI is NOT really relaible,NJT's NABI had problems.

NJT's NABI buses had problems initially because they didn't meet certain state regulations. That problem has been rectified though.

Now back on topic...

#36 septa_kid

• Route 7 Destination Canton

• CPTDB Wiki Editor
  • 566 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:27 PM

Also NABI is NOT really relaible,NJT's NABI had problems.

since NABI repaired those issues with the NJT ones, i'd say they're more reliable since they actually fixed them, unlike Orion with the Old Generation VII's! Instead of actually fixing the issues, they just dis continued the model, while several TA's have to live to live with those 7's

City of Los Angeles means LADOT instead of Los Angeles County (MTA/ Metro)

wait, so LADOT is like PENNDOT, like, they're in charge of the roads and stuff or is that a TA as well?

signovapromo.png

#37 R. McConnell

• CPTDB Wiki Editor
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:55 PM

wait, so LADOT is like PENNDOT, like, they're in charge of the roads and stuff or is that a TA as well?

LADOT is a public transportation agency responsible for certain local and express bus service within the city of Los Angeles and vicinity, operating alongside the LACMTA. LADOT primarily operates shorter "DASH" shuttle loops and a number of Commuter Express lines, while LACMTA runs most of the busier local routes along with most rapid and express routes.

#38 000

• Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:02 PM

since NABI repaired those issues with the NJT ones, i'd say they're more reliable since they actually fixed them, unlike Orion with the Old Generation VII's! Instead of actually fixing the issues, they just dis continued the model, while several TA's have to live to live with those 7's

NABI isn't reliiable,remember the recently retired CTA's 6 years old NABI 60LFW,they never fixed those back in 2005,when CTA wanted NABI to fix thier artics,but then now NABI wants to fix CTA's NABI 60LFW,but CTA doesn't want NABI buses anymore,CTA will most likely never buy NABIs again.
as for Orion that OG is long gone,and Orion lost lots of constumers,that Orion 7 OG almost put Orion/Daimler AG out of bisnuess.
at least they fixed TTC OG problem and maybe NYCTA and SF MUNI as well.

yes. we have DOT everywhere in the city.
LADOT might be getting DesignLine buses.

#39 septa_kid

• Route 7 Destination Canton

• CPTDB Wiki Editor
  • 566 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:54 PM

NABI isn't reliiable,remember the recently retired CTA's 6 years old NABI 60LFW,they never fixed those back in 2005,when CTA wanted NABI to fix thier artics,but then now NABI wants to fix CTA's NABI 60LFW,but CTA doesn't want NABI buses anymore,CTA will most likely never buy NABIs again.
as for Orion that OG is long gone,and Orion lost lots of constumers,that Orion 7 OG almost put Orion/Daimler AG out of bisnuess.
at least they fixed TTC OG problem and maybe NYCTA and SF MUNI as well.

remember this: CTA waited a long time to actually alert NABI about this issue, usually, when a major frame issue is found on a bus, it should be issued within the first year, not 54389799374936 years later, and besides, CTA has got to be on the top 10 list of the worst TA's in the world, right along with RGRTA for trying to sue everybody instead of giving the buses an overhaul

signovapromo.png

#40 000

• Banned
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:12 PM

remember this: CTA waited a long time to actually alert NABI about this issue, usually, when a major frame issue is found on a bus, it should be issued within the first year, not 54389799374936 years later, and besides, CTA has got to be on the top 10 list of the worst TA's in the world, right along with RGRTA for trying to sue everybody instead of giving the buses an overhaul

that's true.

Also At least CTA is ordering New Flyer artics so that's the good part and at least they order extras to make up the lost of the NABI artics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users