Status of Disney Transport Designline order?

I heard from a reliable source that, Disney Transport may have cancelled the order, because the demo had a major meltdown. Also, I read on a press release concerning the recent bus contract awarded to NovaBus by the NYC MTA, that they have a 10 bus contract with Disney Transport.

I heard from a reliable source that, Disney Transport may have cancelled the order, because the demo had a major meltdown. Also, I read on a press release concerning the recent bus contract awarded to NovaBus by the NYC MTA, that they have a 10 bus contract with Disney Transport.

So, they are going back to the Nova LFS? Interesting. I wonder if they will be hybrids.

Here is the article mentioning the 10 Nova LFS buses for Disney.

http://www.pressrepublican.com/sunday/loca..._164213700.html

This year, the company is building 40-foot LFS (Low Floor System) buses for BC Transit and TransLink, two transit authorities in British Columbia. Those orders were placed as the Vancouver area prepares for the 2010 Winter Olympics.

That work will take most of the Plattsburgh plant's capacity until near the end of this year. The Nova Bus plant in St. Eustache, Quebec, is also building buses for that order.

Tooley said the company has participated in a number of requests for proposals. That includes a possible order with the Metropolitan Transit Authority's New York City Transit.

"Should the outcome be positive, Nova Bus would be very proud to supply buses for this transit authority," he said.

There is also an agreement to build 10 buses for Disney. That work is expected to begin in November or December, Tooley said.

The plant was designed so it could be expanded for any type of bus construction.

• 2 months later...

What exactly was the meltdown? NYC is testing a few of the hybrid busses and I think the initial feedback has been positive.