Coast Mountain Bus Company route 104 '22nd St Stn / Annacis Island'
This north-south bus route services Annacis Island with a connection to the SkyTrain system via 22nd Street SkyTrain Station in a clockwise loop.
The route departs 22nd Street Station by 7th Avenue to 20th Street, Marine Way and Marine Drive looping onto Highway 91A and the Queensborough Bridge. It exits the bridge and Highway 91A onto Howes Street, east along Ewen Avenue to Derwent Way, Belgrave Way, West Audley Boulevard, Cliveden Avenue west almost to the western edge of the island before turning back onto Derwent Way, Ewen, Howes and Highway 91A to 22nd Street Station. Trips to 22nd Street SkyTrain Station exit Highway 91A onto Marine Drive taking 23rd Street to 7th Avenue and its terminus.
All weekday trips before 6:30 PM provide service to the Port Royal area by Derwent Way to Duncan, Furness and back onto Ewen Avenue. Weekend service is not provided to Port Royal.
Points of Interest
- 22nd Street SkyTrain Station (Bay 5)
- Queensborough Community Centre
- Port Royal (Weekday trips, only before 6:30pm)
- Annacis Island Industrial Area
- December 1995 - Route introduced with 15 to 30 minute frequency and no Sunday or holiday service replacing shuttle service provided by 340 Annacis Island Shuttle. Service on Eaton and on Audley to Cliveden Avenue on Annacis Island discontinued; routing slightly different from current by taking Ewen Avenue to Pembina, Salter Street and then Channel Bridge
- February 1999 - Routing along Pembina discontinued with introduction of traffic signals on Ewen at Derwent
- September 2003 - Route became wheelchair accessible
- April 2008 - Sunday and holiday service increased to 30 minute frequency between 11:00 AM and 5:00 PM
- The route runs out of Richmond Transit Centre and Port Coquitlam Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include New Flyer Industries D40LF and New Flyer Industries C40LFR models. Rarely, Orion Bus Industries Orion V models may appear.
|Service Period||First Trip to Last Trip||Frequency|
|Weekdays Northbound||6:02 AM - 12:50 AM||12 AM Peak, 15 PM Peak, 30 Midday, 60 Evening|
|Weekdays Southbound||5:39 AM - 12:37 AM||12 AM Peak, 15 PM Peak, 30 Midday, 60 Evening|
|Saturday Northbound||6:39 AM - 12:52 AM||30 Midday, 60 Evening|
|Saturday Southbound||6:24 AM - 12:37 AM||30 Midday, 60 Evening|
|Sunday Northbound||8:18 AM - 12:52 AM||30 Midday, 60 Off-peak|
|Sunday Southbound||8:03 AM - 12:37 AM||30 Midday, 60 Off-peak|
- ↑ The Buzzer December 1995 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 07-11-2009
- ↑ The Buzzer December 1, 1995 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 27-03-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer February 1999 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 07-11-2009
- ↑ The Buzzer April 18, 2003 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 06-12-2009
- ↑ The Buzzer April 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 07-11-2009