Coast Mountain Bus Company route 10 'Granville / Downtown'
10 Granville/Downtown is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a east-west route providing direct service for neighbourhoods along Granville Street to the Downtown Core and SkyTrain service. The route is part of the Frequent Transit Network (FTN) providing bus service 15 minutes or better for 15 hours or more, seven days a week.
Service begins from Marine Drive Station running along Southwest Marine Drive to Granville Street northbound. Trips cross the Granville Street Bridge into Downtown Vancouver routing by Granville and then looping by Cordova eastbound, Richards Street and then Pender westbound back onto Granville back to Marine Drive Station.
With the introduction of the Canada Line and cancellation of the 98 Burrard Station/Richmond Centre (B-Line) , service on the route was significantly increased. Early morning service is provided from approximately 4:30 AM. A NightBus route, the N10 Richmond/Downtown NightBus bus, provides service along Granville Street when regular service ceases.
Weekend, holiday, days preceding holidays and Friday evening service after 9PM will continue to operate along Howe Street southbound and Seymour Street northbound when Granville Mall access is restricted to pedestrians only.
Points of Interest
- Granville SkyTrain Station
- Waterfront Skytrain Station (Canada Line only)
- Vancouver City Centre Canada Line Station
- Vancouver Art Gallery
- Robson Square
- Vogue Theatre
- Marpole Loop
- Marine Drive Canada Line Station
- Route history - Hastings branch
- Route history - Granville branch
- The route runs out of Vancouver Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include New Flyer Industries E40LFRs and occasional Nova Bus LFS , Nova Bus LFS HEV , New Flyer Industries D40LF models.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Fall for Transit, translink.ca, retrieved September 5, 2010
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Fall Service Changes, translink.ca, retrieved September 5, 2010
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Check out the New Trolley Bus Pairings, translink.ca, retrieved September 5, 2010
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Transit service changes, effective April 24, translink.ca, retrieved September 5, 2010
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Buses are back on Granville Street!, translink.ca, retrieved September 5, 2010
- ↑ TransLink rolls out new NightBus service and expands other transit services in September, translink.ca, retrieved September 5, 2010
- ↑ September Bus Service Changes, translink.ca, retrieved September 3, 2010