Coast Mountain Bus Company route 110 'Lougheed Stn / Metrotown Stn'
110 Lougheed Station/Metrotown Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west route that provides feeder service for the Expo Line and Millenium Line SkyTrain systems.
The route departs Metrotown Station taking Central Boulevard to Bonsor Avenue, Bennett Street, Nelson Avenue northbound to Bond Street eastbound and then north along Willingdon until Deer Lake Parkway. The route follows Deer Lake eastbound to take Royal Oak Avenue north onto Gilpin Street and then Deer Lake Place becoming Norland Avenue. From Norland the route takes Sprott Street eastbound, Kensington Avenue north, Kensington off-ramp onto Sperling Avenue to Sperling SkyTrain Station. It departs Sperling Station by Winston Street, north along Phillips Avenue to Government Road, north along Brighton Avenue becoming Production Way where Brighton meets Lougheed Highway, Eastlake Drive to Beaverbrook Crescent, Beaverbrook Drive, Cameron Street, southbound along North Road to Government Place, Gatineau Place and Lougheed SkyTrain Station.
Westbound trips depart Sperling SkyTrain Station by Sperling northbound onto Kensington Avenue heading south. Select late night trips westbound terminate at Sperling SkyTrain Station. Select early morning trips begin from Production Way Station westbound or Sperling SkyTrain Station eastbound.
Points of Interest
- Metropolis at Metrotown/Metrotown Shopping Centre
- Metrotown SkyTrain Station (Bay 8)
- Bonsar Park and Community Centre
- Forest Glen Park
- Moscrop Secondary School
- Burnaby City Hall
- Burnaby Central Secondary School
- Canland Sports
- Sperling SkyTrain Station (Bay 3)
- Production Way-University SkyTrain Station (Bay 2 - Westbound) (Bay 3 - Eastbound)
- Burnaby Mountain Secondary School
- Lougheed Mall Shopping Centre
- Coquitlam College
- Cariboo Shopping Centre
- Lougheed SkyTrain Station (Bay 5)
- 1986 - Route adjusted to service Metrotown Station
- April 1997 - Reroute via : Central Blvd (Toward East), Bonsor Ave, Bennett St, Nelson Ave, Bond St, Willingdon Ave to Deer Lake Parkway (Old route Eastbound via: Central Blvd (Toward West), Willingdon Ave, Beresford St, Patterson Ave, Grange St, Barker Ave, Sardis St, Patterson Ave, Moscrop St (Toward East) and Deer Lake Parkway; Westbound via: Deer Lake Parkway, Moscrop St, Patterson Ave, Grange St, Patterson Ave, Central Blvd (Patterson Station), Wilson Ave, Kemp St, Willingdon Ave & Central Blvd, this sector replaced by the new route 129)
- 1997 - Eastbound route diverted via : Broadway, Bainbridge Ave, Lougheed Hwy, Sperling Ave to Winston St instead Bainbridge Ave to Winston St
- September 1998 - Accessible services introduced
- September 2002 - Rationalisation for the bus service after Millenium Line commenced, reroute via: Kensington Overpass, Sperling Ave, Sperling-Burnaby Lake Station, Winston Ave, Philips Ave, Government Rd, Brighton Ave (Production Way Station), Eastlake Dr, Braverbrook Dr, Cameron St, North Rd, Gatineau Plave to Lougheed Station (Replace part of route 134 from Eastlake to Lougheed Mall)
- The route runs out of Burnaby Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include Nova Bus LFS and Nova Bus LFS HEV models.