Coast Mountain Bus Company route 112 'Edmonds Station / New Westminster Station'
112 Edmonds Station/New Westminster Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west bus route serving south Burnaby and New Westminster. It is a SkyTrain feeder route and parallels a portion of the Expo SkyTrain Line.
The route departs New Westminster SkyTrain Station by 10th Street to Columbia and then 12th Street. From 12th Street the route continues onto Kingsway and turns westbound onto 14th Avenue followed by Griffiths Drive and then 18th Street to Edmonds SkyTrain Station.
A single early morning westbound trip on Saturday takes its regular route to Kingsway, McKay and then Central Boulevard to terminate at Metrotown Station; it bypasses Edmonds SkyTrain Station. Select early morning and late night eastbound trips depart from Metrotown Station by Central Boulevard, McKay, Kingsway and then 12th Street and its regular route; the trips do not service Edmonds SkyTrain Station.
Points of Interest
- New Westminster SkyTrain Station (Bay 4)
- Douglas College
- New Westminster Quay Public Market
- Ernie Winch Park
- Edmonds SkyTrain Station (Bay 5)
- May 1993 - Due to widening of 19th Street between Edmonds and 10th Avenue, trips revised to operate by 18th Avenue, 18th Street, Edmonds, Kingsway, 14th Avenue and then regular route to New Westminster Station
- October 2001 - Funding shortfall forces cancellation of Suburban Owl services (NightBus) after 1:40 AM
- September 2002 - Extended to Lougheed Station
- April 2011 - Route shortened to run between New Westminster Station and Edmonds Station with community shuttle route replacing service between New Westminster Station and Lougheed Station
- The route runs out of Burnaby Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include Nova Bus LFS models.
- ↑ The Buzzer May, 1993 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 27-03-2010
- ↑ Service Cuts for Oct 15, 2001 Listed by Route, translink.ca, retrieved 19-10-2009