Coast Mountain Bus Company route 116 'Edmonds Stn / Metrotown Stn'
116 Edmonds Station/Metrotown Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This east-west route services residential and industrial neighbourhoods in southern Burnaby. It is a SkyTrain feeder route.
The route departs Metrotown Station by Central Boulevard taking Imperial Street westbound, Sussex Avenue south, Portland Street, Patterson Avenue, Marine Drive to Roseberry Avenue, Marine Way heading westbound, Boundary Road south onto North Fraser Way before taking Byrne Road becoming Southridge Drive, Griffiths Drive and finally 18th Avenue to Edmonds Station.
Westbound trips exit Marine Way by Greenall Avenue northbound, Keith Street east onto Roseberry and then west along Marine Drive to take Joffre Avenue north followed by Rumble Street eastbound onto Sussex Avenue.
Points of Interest
- Metropolis at Metrotown Shopping Centre
- Metrotown SkyTrain Station (Bay 1)
- Bonsor Park and Community Centre
- Ocean View Cemetary (Westbound)
- Kaymar Ravine Park
- Edmonds Station SkyTrain Station (Bay 6)
- 1986 - Service extended to Metrotown Station
- BC Transit Era - Formerly known as route 116 Metrotown Station/Suncrest
- October 2001 - Service after 10:00 PM eliminated and weekend service reduced due to budget shortfall
- December 2005 - Extended to Edmonds Station and the daily service of North Fraser Industrial Park area, partial portion of route taken over by Community Shuttle C6 Metrotown Station/Suncrest
- April 2011 - Weekend and holiday service revised to operate with community shuttles
- The route runs out of Burnaby Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include Nova Bus LFS and Nova Bus LFS HEV models. Weekend and holiday service is provided by community shuttles .
- ↑ The Buzzer February 1, 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 26-01-2010
- ↑ BC Transit Route Frequency Table, bctransit.com, retrieved 03-10-2009
- ↑ Backgrounder: Transit Service Reductions, translink.ca, retrieved 03-10-09
- ↑ TransLink launches three new Community Shuttle minibus routes in South Burnaby, translink.ca, retrieved 03-10-2009