Coast Mountain Bus Company route 123 'New Westminster Stn / Brentwood Stn'
123 New Westminster Station/Brentwood Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This east-west route provides service between northern Burnaby and New Westminster as a Frequent Transit Network (FTN) route. Service is available 15 minutes or better, seven days a week for 15 hours or more of the day.
The route departs Brentwood Station by Willingdon Avenue southbound turning onto Canada Way heading east until reaching New Westminster where Canada Way becomes 8th Street near 10th Avenue. The route continues along 8th Street to terminate at New Westminster SkyTrain Station via 8th Street, Carnarvon Street and then Alexander at Columbia.
Eastbound trips depart New Westminster Station by Alexander to Columbia and then its route along 8th Street to Canada Way.
Points of Interest
- Brentwood Mall
- Brentwood Town Centre SkyTrain Station (Bay 3)
- BCIT Burnaby Campus
- Art Institute of Vancouver
- Harwood Park
- Burnaby Winter Club
- New Westminster Secondary School
- Massey Theatre
- Moody Park/Moody Park Recreation Centre
- Royal City Centre
- Simcoe Park
- Douglas College
- New Westminster SkyTrain Station (Bay 3)
- April 1997 - Route 123 was renumbered from route 120 New Westminster Station/Vancouver (Burrard Station); route 23 New Westminster/Stanley Park was introduced and summer service extended to Stanley Park.
- October 2001 - Route known as 123 New Westminster Station/Burrard Station; service between Kootenay Loop and Downtown during weekday midday, weekend and holidays ended
- 2002/2003 - Service improved to replace route 23 New Westminster/Stanley Park and route shortened with western terminus on Hastings Street at Willingdon
- Spring 2008 - Operations moved from Port Coquitlam Transit Centre to Burnaby Transit Centre
- September 2008 - Route shortened to terminate at Brentwood Town Centre SkyTrain Station with improvement of service on route 130 Metrotown Station/Phibbs Exchange/Capilano University
- December 2008 - Route joined the Frequent Transit Network (FTN)
- The route runs out of Burnaby Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include Nova Bus LFS and Nova Bus LFS HEV models.
- ↑ Backgrounder October Service Cuts, translink.ca, retrieved 23-10-2009
- ↑ Burnaby/New Westminster Area Transit Plan Summary, translink.ca, retrieved 23-10-2009
- ↑ CMBC 2009-2010 Service Plan. portcoquitlam.ca, retrieved 27-02-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer August 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 23-10-09
- ↑ The Buzzer December 5, 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 10-11-2009