Coast Mountain Bus Company route 130 'Metrotown / Hastings / Kootenay / Cap U'
130 Metrotown Station/Kootenay/Phibbs Exchange/Capilano University is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This north-south service connects South Burnaby with North Vancouver and Capilano University via East Vancouver. It is a Frequent Transit Network (FTN) route with service 15 minutes or better for 15 hours or more of the day, seven days a week.
The route departs Phibbs Exchange onto the Second Narrows Bridge via on-ramp taking Highway 1 to Cassiar Street and exiting onto Hastings Street eastbound. From Hastings the route takes Willingdon Avenue south to Central Boulevard and then its terminus at Metrotown Station.
Peak hour service is provided to Capilano University from Phibbs Exchange via Oxford Street to Mountain Highway, Fern Street onto Lillooet Road, Selkirk Street and then Monashee Drive to the Capilano University Transit Exchange. Weekend service is not provided to Capilano University.
On weekdays, northbound service has frequencies of six to nine minutes to Hastings at Willingdon, 15 minutes to Kootenay Loop, 15 minutes during peak hours and 30 minutes at all other times for service to Phibbs Exchange. Service to Capilano University is provided with 15 minute frequency from approximately 7:00 AM to 9:45 AM and then from 2:10 PM to 6:15 PM. Select trips terminate at Brentwood Station.
Southbound weekday service provides frequencies of six to nine minutes from Hastings at Willingdon, 15 minutes from Kootenay Loop, 15 minutes during peak and 30 minutes at all other times from Phibbs Exchange. Service from Capilano University is provided from approximately 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM and 2:15 PM to 6:30 PM at 15 minute intervals.
On weekends 30 minute service is provided to and from Phibbs Exchange, 15 minute service to and from Kootenay Loop and six to nine minute service to and from Willingdon Avenue at Hastings Street to Metrotown Station.
Points of Interest
- Metropolis at Metrotown Shopping Centre
- Metrotown Station (Bay 4)
- Burnaby Public Library
- Crystal Mall
- Moscrop Secondary School
- BCIT Burnaby Campus
- Brentwood Town Centre SkyTrain Station (Bay 2 - Phibbs Exchange) (Bay 7 - Metrotown)
- Brentwood Mall
- Kootenay Loop
- Empire Stadium
- Phibbs Exchange (Bay 2 - Metrotown) (Bay 4 - Capilano University)
Peak Hour Trips Only:
- Seylynn Park
- Lillooet Park
- Capilano University Transit Exchange (Bay 3)
- 1986 - Service extended to Metrotown Station
- BC Transit Era - Service known as 130 Metrotown Stn/Kootenay Loop
- December 2006 - Route extended during daytime and early evening hours to service Phibbs Exchange; peak hour service extended to Capilano College now Capilano University; an additional northbound trip is added to depart at 2:00 AM terminating on Hastings at Willingdon
- September 2008 - Route joins the Frequent Transit Network (FTN) 
- April 2009 - Capilano Transit Exchange opens; service along Purcell Way ends 
- September 2009 - Peak service increased to 15 minutes with peak trips departing from Capilano University terminating at Kootenay Loop instead of Phibbs Exchange
- The route runs out of Burnaby Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include Nova Bus LFS and Nova Bus LFS HEV models.
- ↑ Route Frequency Table, bctransit.com, retrieved 24-10-2009
- ↑ The Buzzer December 2006 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 24-10-2009
- ↑ Bus service increases in North Burnaby in September, translink.ca, retrieved 24-10-2009
- ↑ The Buzzer February 1, 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 26-01-2010
- ↑ Transit Service Improvements to Cap U, translink.ca, retrieved 24-10-2009
- ↑ Transit Improvement to Cap U, translink.ca, retrieved 24-10-2009
- ↑ The Buzzer September 2009 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 24-10-2009