Coast Mountain Bus Company route 134 'Lake City Stn / Brentwood Stn'
134 Lake City Station/Brentwood Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west route in the City of Burnaby. Half hourly service is provided to connect residential and industrial neighbourhoods with SkyTrain service.
The route departs Brentwood Station by Willingdon Avenue heading north to take Midlawn Drive, Fairlawn Drive to Brentlawn and then north along Delta Avenue to Parker Street becoming Curtis Street. From Curtis the route turns north along Sperling Avenue, west on Hastings, south on Kensington Avenue back onto Curtis and the southbound along Sperling Avenue. The route takes Broadway westward from Sperling followed by Kensington and then Sperling to Sperling SkyTrain Station continuing on to Lougheed Highway, Bainbridge Avenue northbound, Broadway, Underhill Avenue and then west along Enterprise Street to Lake City SkyTrain Station.
Westbound trips depart Lake City SkyTrain Station by Lake City Way to Broadway. From Sperling SkyTrain Station it travels along Sperling Avenue northbound, Kensington back to Sperling followed by Hastings, Kensington Avenue and then Curtis becoming Parker Street towards Brentwood Mall Station. The route terminates at Brentwood Station by Brentlawn Drive to
Points of Interest
- Brentwood Town Centre SkyTrain Station (Bay 6)
- Brentwood Mall Shopping Centre
- Brentwood Park
- Kensington Square Shopping Centre
- Burnaby North Secnodary school
- Kensington Park
- Sperling SkyTrain Station (Bay 4)
- Burnaby Mountain Golf Course
- Lake City Industrial Area
- Lake City SkyTrain Station
- BC Transit Era - Formerly route 134 Lougheed Mall/Kootenay Loop
- April 1997 - Route 134 diverted to Brentwood Mall Exchange.
- (Westbound to Brentwood) via Austin, North Rd, Cameron, Beaverbrook, Eastlake, Production Way, Forest Grove, Underhill, Broadway, Duthie, Halifax, Burnwood, Greystone, Duthie, Curtis, Parker, Delta, Brentlawn, Willingdon to Brentwood Mall
- (Eastbound to Lougheed) via Willingdon, Midlawn, Fairlawn, Brentlawn, Delta, Parker, Curtis, Duthie, Greystone, Burnwood, Hailfax, Duthie, Broadway, Underhill, Forest Grove, Production Way, Eastlake, Beaverbrook, Cameron, North Rd to Lougheed Mall
- October 2001 - Route 134 Brentwood Mall/Lougheed Mall; service discontinued after 10:00 PM all days, before 8:00 AM Saturdays and before 9:00 AM Sundays
- September 2002 - Lougheed terminus revised to Lougheed Town Centre Station from Lougheed Mall Transit Exchange, and diverted via Curtis, Sperling, Broadway, Kensington Overpass, Sperling, Sperling Station, Lougheed, Bainbridge, Broadway, Lake City, Enterprise, Underhill, Eastlake, Production Way (Production Way Station), Lougheed, Austin, Gatineau to Lougheed Town Centre Station after Millenium Line transit rationalisation.
- April 2005 - Route shortened to Lake City SkyTrain Station from Lougheed Town Centre Station due to Millenium Line service duplication
- July 2005 - Route diverted via Kensington Square area
- The route runs out of Burnaby Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include Nova Bus LFS and Nova Bus LFS HEV models.
- ↑ Route Frequency Table BC Transit, bctransit.ca, retrieved 17-10-09
- ↑ Service Cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by Route Number, translink.ca, retrieved 17-10-09
- ↑ Bus service to Kensington Shopping Plaza, translink.ca, retrieved 17-10-09