Coast Mountain Bus Company route 145 'SFU / Production Stn'
145 SFU/Production Way is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This north-south route is part of the Frequent Transit Network providing service seven days a week, 15 minutes or better for 15 hours or more. Headways at peak hours can be as little as two to four minutes. It acts mainly as a connection point between Simon Fraser University Burnaby Campus and Production Way/University SkyTrain Station along the Millenium Line.
The route leaves Production Way Station along Production Way northbound before taking Broadway eastbound onto Gaglardi Way. It follows Gaglardi Way up Burnaby Mountain, turns onto University Drive East and then East Campus Road to terminate at SFU Exchange. Trips southbound leave SFU Exchange along East Campus Road, Tower Road southbound, South Campus Road, Gaglardi Way northbound to University Drive West and then follow University Drive back onto Gaglardi. The route terminates at Production Station by Gaglardi Way south followed by Lougheed Highway westbound. Select trips only operate when SFU is in session.
Points of Interest
- Production Way/University SkyTrain Station (Bay 1 - Loading Only) (Bay 4 - Unloading Only)
- East Grove Park
- Forest Grove Park
- Burnaby Mountain Conservation Area
- SFU Exchange
- Simon Fraser University Burnaby Campus
- Burnaby Mountain Secondary School (Southbound Only)
- BC Transit era - Route 145 Lougheed Mall/SFU with certain trips extended to service Scott Road SkyTrain Station
- September 1998 - Operation transferred to Port Coquitlam Transit Centre
- September 1999 - Reverted back to Burnaby Transit Centre operated by the brand new New Flyer D60LF (8022-8047)
- October 2001 - Service between Lougheed Mall and New Westminster Station cancelled due to funding shortfall
- September 2002 - Shorten to Production Way Station, terminal located on street side on Lougheed Hwy and Production Way
- September 2008 - Production Way bus loop reopened after construction on the property was completed
- September 2009 - Double-heading during morning rush to meet increased demand with beginning of fall classes
- The route runs out of Burnaby Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include New Flyer Industries D60LF , New Flyer Industries D60LFR and New Flyer Industries DE60LFR models. Occasional appearances have been made by Nova Bus LFS buses.
- ↑ BC Transit System Route Frequency, bctransit.com, retrieved 25-09-09
- ↑ Backgrounder: Transit Service Reductions, translink.ca, retrieved 25-09-09
- ↑ Bus service increases in North Burnaby in September, translink.ca, retrieved 25-09-09
- ↑ 9am-ish transit update for Wed Sept 9, buzzer.translink.ca, retrieved 25-09-09