Coast Mountain Bus Company route 151 'Coquitlam Station / Lougheed Station'
151 Coquitlam Station/Lougheed Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west route providing service between Coquitlam and Burnaby. It services mainly residential areas providing SkyTrain connection service at 20-30 minute frequencies.
The route departs Lougheed Station via Government Place to take North Road to Cottonwood Avenue, south along Blue Mountain Street to Foster Avenue, south along Schoolhouse Street to Winslow Avenue and then Poirer Street and the Coquitlam Poirer Community Centre and Coquitlam Sports Centre. It continues from Poirer back onto Foster to Linton Street northbound, Como Lake Avenue east to Spuraway Avenue where Como Lake meets Mariner Way and then Ranch Park Way, Dewdney Trunk Road, Mariner Way, Barnet Highway, and then Lougheed Highway to arrive at Coquitlam Station via access road.
Westbound trips depart Coquitlam Station by access road to Lougheed Highway, Dewdney Trunk Road and then Ranch Park Way. The route arrives at Lougheed Town Centre Station by Cottonwood Avenue to Whiting Way, Foster Avenue and then North Road southbound.
Points of Interest
- Lougheed Town Cente SkyTrain Station (Bay 3)
- Cariboo Shopping Centre
- Lougheed Mall Shopping Centre
- Coquitlam College
- Good Neighbour Park
- Coquitlam Poirer Community Centre
- Coquitlam Sports Centre
- Como Lake Village Shopping Centre
- Mundy Park
- Dr. Charles Best Secondary School
- Coquitlam Station (Bay 9)
- Coquitlam Central Trainbus
- Coquitlam Centre
- Westwood Mall Shopping Centre
- BC Transit Era - Service provided to Vancouver as route 151 'Coquitlam Station/Vancouver' operating as an express service
- December 1995 - Service along Pinetree, Glen and Johnson Street terminated and service to Downtown adjusted with select trips terminating at Hornby Terminus by Hastings, Howe, Dunsmuir, Burrard, Helmeken to Terminus; eastbound trips route via Hornby, Smithe, Burrard and Hastings
- 2000 - Eastbound reroute due to the construction for Millenium Line via: Willingdon, Dawson, Beta, Lougheed, Winston, Government St, Austin to Lougheed Mall
- September 2002 - Rationalisation for the bus service after Millenium Line commenced, shorten to Lougheed Station and cover deleted sector from Lougheed to Coquitlam Rec Centre from route 154
- September 2003 - Route became bike rack equipped
- The route runs out of Port Coquitlam Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include New Flyer Industries D40LF and New Flyer Industries C40LFR models.
- ↑ Route Frequency Table, bctransit.com, retrieved 07-11-2009
- ↑ The Buzzer April 18, 2003 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 09-12-2009