Coast Mountain Bus Company route 156 'Braid Station / Lougheed Station'
156 Braid Station/Lougheed Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This east-west route provides residents of Coquitlam with connections to SkyTrain service. Half hourly service is provided Monday to Saturday in the daytime with hourly service during the late evening and Sundays and holidays.
The route departs Lougheed Station by Gatineau Place onto North Road, Clarke Road, Como Lake Avenue eastbound to take Schoolhouse Street south, Winslow, Poirier Street, Foster Avenue east and then south along Hillcrest. From Hillcrest the route heads east along Austin turning south onto Mundy Street, Cape Horn Avenue, Brunette Avenue west until Braid Station where it enters via access road.
Trips departing Braid Station loop by access road under Brunette and then Braid Street onto Brunette.
Select morning trips to Lougheed Station do not service the stop on Como Lake at Dogwood.
Points of Interest
- Lougheed Town Centre SkyTrain Station (Bay 9)
- Lougheed Mall
- Cariboo Shopping Centre
- Coquitlam College
- Burquitlam Mall
- Good Neighbour Park
- Coquitlam Sports Centre
- Coquitlam Public Library (Poirier)
- Heritage Woods Seconday School
- Mundy Lake
- Mackin Park
- Braid SkyTrain Station (Bay 3)
- Formerly route 156 'Coquitlam Rec Centre/Lougheed Mall
- October 2001 - Late evening service discontinued
- September 2002 - Rationalisation for the bus service after Millenium Line commenced, service extended to Braid Station and replaced the deleted sector from route 154 at between Coquitlam Rec Centre to Braid Station
- The route runs out of Port Coquitlam Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include New Flyer Industries D40LF and New Flyer Industries C40LFR models.