Coast Mountain Bus Company route 19 'Metrotown Stn / Stanley Park'
19 Metrotown Station/Stanley Park is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This east-west route links Stanley Park, Downtown Vancouver and the western edge of the City of Burnaby. It is the sole trolley route that extends outside the City of Vancouver.
The route begins at Stanley Park Loop and uses Pipeline Road to access West Georgia and then travels along West Pender until Main Steet where it turns southbound. It continues down Main to take Kingsway, following it into Burnaby. The route terminates at Metrotown SkyTrain Station via Kingsway to Willingdon and then Central Boulevard.
Certain late night trips end at Kingsway and Joyce. Shuttle service between Cambie and Pender to Stanley Park is provided during the summer season only.
Points of Interest
- Stanley Park Loop (Bay 2)
- Lost Lagoon Lake
- Central Station (Amtrak)
- Telus Sphere of Science
- Main Street SkyTrain
- Mount St. Joseph Hospital
- Robson Park
- Norquay Park
- Central Park
- Crystal Mall
- Burnaby Public Library
- Metrotown Station (Bay 2)
- Metropolis at Metrotown
- 1986 - Route extended to Metrotown Station
- December 1993 - Service from Georgia Street to Chilco Loop in Stanley Park discontinued; route revised to operate by Alberni between Denman and Chilco; Weekday service to Stanley Park discontinued with trips operating 19 Downtown by Pender, Howe, Dunsmuir and Burrard back to Pender Street
- September 1994 - Accessible service on Sundays and holidays introduced
- April 1997 - Service revised to terminate in Downtown and renamed 19 Metrotown Station/Downtown
- 2002 - New terminus in Stanley Park; route extended to once again service the park
- December 2007 - Service becomes accessible and bike rack equipped with New Flyer Industries E40LFR low-floor trolleys
- The route runs out of Vancouver Transit Centre. New Flyer Industries E40LFRs normally provide service although diesel New Flyer Industries D40LF and Nova Bus LFS models have appeared.
- ↑ List of bus routes in Metro Vancouver, wikipedia.org, retrieved 10-09-2009
- ↑ The Buzzer December 3, 1993 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 27-03-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer August 26, 1994 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 27-03-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer April 4, 1997 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 25-03-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer December 14, 2007 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 09-11-2009