Coast Mountain Bus Company route 229 'Westlynn / Phibbs Exchange / Lonsdale Quay'
229 Westlynn/Phibbs Exchange/Lonsdale Quay is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This east-west route runs in North Vancouver with service between Lonsdale, Lynn Creek, Westlynn and Phibbs Exchange. Outside of peak times, service is half hourly Monday to Saturday and hourly on Sundays and holidays. Extra seasonal service is provided in the summer for visitors to Lynn Canyon Park.
The route departs Lonsdale Quay by Carrie Cates Court to Lonsdale Avenue heading northbound to take 29th Street east and then Lynn Valley Road to Peters Road. It continues south along Duval Road, Ross Road westbound to Hoskins Road, Arborlynn Drive onto Mountain Highway and then to Phibbs Exchange by Keith Road, Mountain Highway and Oxford Street.
Two early morning Saturday trips route to Phibbs Exchange beginning from 3rd Street to Queensbury, Keith Road to Grand Boulevard East northbound and then onto Lynn Valley Road and its regular route. Sunday and evening trips everyday heading westbound begin from Lynn Valley Road at Mountain Highway taking Lynn Valley Road to Mountain Highway southbound, Ross Street west to Duval, Peters Road to Lynn Valley and then its regular route.
Points of Interest
- Lonsdale Quay Public Market
- SeaBus Terminal
- Lonsdale Quay (Bay 3)
- Victoria Park
- R Sargent Park
- Norseman Park
- Centennial Theatre
- Lynn Valley Centre
- Westover Community School
- Draycott Park
- Lynn Canyon Park
- Lynn Creek
- Seylynn Park
- Phibbs Exchange (Bay 7)
- October 2001 - Hourly Sunday and holiday service introduced
- December 2007 - Introduction of low-floor service with Nova Bus LFS buses
- Winter 2008 - Operations relocated from Burnaby Transit Centre to North Vancouver Transit Centre
- The route runs out of North Vancouver Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include Nova Bus LFS models but Nova Bus LFS HEV models have been spotted during peak periods running from Burnaby Transit Centre.
- ↑ Service Cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by Route Number, translink.ca, retrieved 03-12-2009
- ↑ The Buzzer December 14, 2007 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 03-12-2009
- ↑ CMBC 2009-2010 Service Plan. portcoquitlam.ca, retrieved 27-02-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer April 11, 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 03-12-2009