Coast Mountain Bus Company route 22 'Knight / Macdonald'
22 Knight/MacDonald is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west service running from the Victoria-Fraserview area to Dunbar neighbourhood via Downtown. It is a Frequent Transit Network (FTN) route with service 15 minutes or better for 15 hours or more, seven days a week. It provides early morning service beginning from 5:00 AM and has a NightBus equivalent of its western routing in the form of the N22 MacDonald-16th Avenue/Downtown NightBus . It is considered one of the busier routes of the system; Route 2 MacDonald-16th Avenue/Burrard Station parallels the western portion of Route 22 to ease morning eastbound congestion.
The route begins by leaving Dunbar Loop along 41st Avenue, MacKenzie, Quesnel Drive and King Edward Avenue to access MacDonald Street, Point Grey Road and then Cornwall to get onto the Burrard Street Bridge. It continues along Burrard into Downtown, heads westbound along Pender, Gore, Prior and then Venables to turn southbound onto Clark Drive. The route travels south on Knight Street where Clark meets 13th Avenue until reaching its eastern terminus at Marine Drive under the Knight Street Bridge.
Select morning trips use Main Street and Terminal Avenue from either Pender Street (from Main for Eastbound trips) or Terminal Avenue (from Clark at 1st for Westbound trips). Certain runs eastbound take MacDonald, 16th Avenue, Trutch, 16th Avenue and then MacDonald and their regular route. The final trip eastbound terminates on Pender at Seymour. Select westbound trips end on 41st Avenue at MacKenzie.
Points of Interest
- Dunbar Loop
- Carnarvon Park
- Kitsilano Community Centre
- Vanier Park and HR Macillan Space Centre
- St. Paul's Hospital
- Burrard SkyTrain Station (Bay 1 Westbound - MacDonald) (Bay 5 Eastbound - Knight)
- Main Street SkyTrain Station - Only for AM peak select trips
- Central Station (Amtrak) - Only for AM peak select trips
- Strathcona Park
- Kensington Park
- Knight Street Bridge
- Formerly single route with two branches 22 MacDonald-16th Avenue/Downtown and 22 Knight/MacDonald before introduction of route 2 MacDonald-16th Avenue/Burrard Station 
- June 1997 - Short-turn service trips to Downtown and to 16th Avenue at MacDonald are renumbered as 2 Yaletown/Downtown/MacDonald-16th Avenue
- The route runs out of Vancouver Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include New Flyer Industries D40LF , Nova Bus LFS and Nova Bus LFS HEV models. Supplemental "tripper" service is provided by Richmond Transit Centre.
- ↑ BC Transit Route Frequency, bctransit.com, retrieved 18-09-2009
- ↑ The Buzzer June 13, 1997 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 26-03-2010