Coast Mountain Bus Company route 236 'Grouse Mountain / Lonsdale Quay'
236 Grouse Mountain/Lonsdale Quay is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This north-south route connects North Vancouver with Grouse Mountain. Formerly it was a seasonal only service.
The route departs Lonsdale Quay by Carrie Cates Court onto Lonsdale Avenue, Esplanade Avenue westbound, Forbes Avenue onto 3rd Street becoming Marine Drive where 3rd meets Keith and then McKay Avenue northbound. From McKay the route merges onto 22nd Street westbound, north along Keith Road onto Route 1 East (Upper Levels Highway off-ramp) and then Capilano Road northbound. It continues along Capilano becoming Nancy Greene Way where Capilano meets Prospect Avenue and continuing north until Grouse Mountain. Southbound trips take MacKay Avenue south turning onto 17th Street westbound and then Loyd Avenue to Marine Drive and its regular route.
Certain early morning and late evening trips begin (southbound) or terminate (northbound) on 22nd Street at Phillip Avenue routing by 22nd Street, Bridgman Avenue, 23rd Street and then Phillip. Select trips depart Lonsdale Quay as 236 Harbourside departing by regular route to Marine, 2nd Street, 1st Street, Fell and then Harbourside Drive to its terminus providing bus service to the Harbourside Industrial Area. Select trips depart Harbourside terminus to Lonsdale Quay by Harbourside Drive to Fell, 1st Street, 2nd Street and then 3rd Street and its regular route to Lonsdale Quay.
Points of Interest
- SeaBus Terminal and Lonsdale Quay Public Market
- Lonsdale Quay (Bay 8 - Grouse Mountain ) (Bay 9 - Harbourside)
- Waterfront Park
- Thomas Haas Fine Chocolates & Patisserie (236 Harbourside Only)
- Capilano Mall
- Heywood Park
- Hamilton Park
- MacLeod Park
- Capilano Suspension Bridge
- Capilano River Regional Park
- Glenwood Park
- Cleveland Park
- Cleveland Dam and Capilano Salmon Hatchery
- Grouse Mountain
- Grouse Mountain Sky Ride
- September 2006 - Service frequency improved to 15 minutes and additional service to Harbourside Industrial Area
- The route runs out of North Vancouver Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include Nova Bus LFS models.