Coast Mountain Bus Company route 241 'Upper Lonsdale / Vancouver'
241 Upper Lonsdale/Vancouver is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This north-south route provides peak period service between the North Vancouver area of North Lonsdale and Downtown Vancouver. The Monday to Friday service operates with limited two way service in the morning peak and only northbound service in during the afternoon.
The route departs Downtown Vancouver from its Cambie Street at Georgia terminus travelling along Cambie Street, Dunsmuir westbound, Hamilton and then onto West Georgia. The route continues onto the Stanley Park Causeway crossing the Lions Gate Bridge and exiting onto Marine Drive. From Marine the route moves eastbound until moving onto Keith Road, Jones Avenue, 15th Street and then northbound along Lonsdale Avenue. It terminates on Osborne Avenue at Lonsdale Avenue beside Carisbrooke Park. Morning northbound trips depart from 3rd Street at Lonsdale taking Lonsdale Avenue to 15th Street and then its regular route to Carisbrooke Park.
Trips southbound depart from Lonsdale at Osborne northbound making a loop from Lonsdale, Rockland Road, Prospect Road and then Balmoral Road back to Lonsdale heading southbound. The route terminates in Downtown from West Georgia turning onto Cambie Street.
Points of Interest
- Cambie Street at West Georgia - Stadium SkyTrain Station (Bay 3)
- Larwill Park
- The Orpheum
- Vancouver Central Public Library
- Vancouver City Centre Station Canada Line
- Pacific Centre
- Vancouver Art Gallery
- Capilano Mall
- North Vancouver City Library/Civic Centre
- R Sargent Park
- Norseman Park
- Centennial Theatre
- Carisbrooke Park
- Rockland Park
- April 1993 - Downtown terminus revised to operate from a temporary terminal on the east side of Beatty Street between Georgia and Dunsmuir adjacent to the Beatty Street Armoury with the closing of the Larwill Bus Depot
- December 1997 - Local service along West Georgia Street to and from North Vancouver approved on a permanent basis after a six month trial period
- February 2007 - Downtown terminus moved from Beatty Street to current Cambie at Georgia
- April 2008 - Northbound terminus moved from befor Prospect at Rockland Loop to current Carisbrooke Park terminus
- The route runs out of North Vancouver Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include Nova Bus LFS models.
- ↑ Map of Stadium SkyTrain Station, translink.ca, retrieved 03-12-2009
- ↑ The Buzzer March 26, 1993 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer November 28, 1997 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 29-04-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer February 2, 2007 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 04-12-2009
- ↑ The Buzzer April 11, 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 09-11-2009