Coast Mountain Bus Company route 246 'Lonsdale Quay / Highland / Vancouver'
246 Lonsdale Quay/Highland/Vancouver is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This east-west route connects North and West Vancouver with limited service to Downtown during peak hours. The route provides connections to the SeaBus Terminal and the SkyTrain system.
Trips westbound into Vancouver take its regular route to Garden Avenue followed by Lane Access to McGuire Avenue and then Marine Drive to the Lions Gate Bridge. The route exits Lions Gate onto the Stanley Park Causeway, Georgia Street east until turning onto Cambie where it terminates.
Trips departing Downtown take Cambie Street to Dunsmuir, Hamilton and then West Georgia to the Stanley Park Causeway, Lions Gate Bridge, Marine Drive and its regular route.
Select trips toward Lonsdale Quay terminate on Marine at Garden Avenue in the evening and late evening. Early Sunday and holiday service to Lonsdale Quay may begin from Marine at Capilano.
Points of Interest
- Vancouver Playhouse
- Cambie at Georgia Street - Stadium Station (Bay 3)
- Larwill Park
- Queen Elizabeth Theatre
- Vancouver City Centre Station, Canada Line
- Pacific Centre
- Vancouver Art Gallery
- Norgate Park (Peak Morning to Downtown Only)
- Capilano Park
- North Vancouver Public Library - Capilano Branch
- Edgemont Village
- Delbrook Park
- Westview Shopping Centre
- North Shore Neighbourhood House
- Lonsdale Quay (Bay 4)
- SeaBus Terminal
- Lonsdale Quay Public Market
- December 1991 - Accessible service introduced on select trips
- April 1993 - Downtown terminus revised to operate from a temporary terminal on the east side of Beatty Street between Georgia and Dunsmuir adjacent to the Beatty Street Armoury with the closing of the Larwill Bus Depot
- December 1997 - Local service along West Georgia Street to and from North Vancouver approved on a permanent basis after a six month trial period
- October 2001 - Due to funding shortfal, midday service between North Vancouver and Downtown eliminated
- February 2007 - Downtown terminus moved from Beatty Street to current Cambie at Georgia
- June 2011 - Service to Park Royal Shopping Centre discontinued
- The route runs out of North Vancouver Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include Nova Bus LFS models.
- ↑ The Buzzer August 30, 1991 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 05-04-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer March 26, 1993 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 04-05-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer November 28, 1997 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 29-04-2010
- ↑ Backgrounder: Transit Service Reductions, translink.ca, retrieved 04-12-2009
- ↑ The Buzzer February 2, 2007 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 04-12-2009
- ↑ June 20, 2011 Transit Service Changes, translink.ca, retrieved 12-06-2011