Coast Mountain Bus Company route 251 'Queens / Vancouver / Park Royal'
This route provides east-west service between Downtown Vancouver and West Vancouver via the Lions Gate Bridge. It serves West Vancouver residential neighbourhoods with connections to Downtown Vancouver and SkyTrain Stations.
The route departs Homer Street, its Downtown terminus to take Dunsmuir westbound, south along Richards Street onto West Georgia, the Stanley Park Causeway Road onto Lions Gate Bridge and then Marine Drive by off-ramp from the bridge. It continues westbound along Marine turning north onto 17th Street, Fulton Avenue eastbound and then 11th Street where it terminates on 11th at Inglewood. Eastbound trips depart 11th Street at Inglewood heading north onto Mathers Avenue westbound, 15th Street, Queens Avenue, 27th Street southbound onto Marine Drive and the Lions Gate Bridge to Downtown. Vancouver trips exit Lions Gate Bridge and take West Georgia east until Homer where the route turns north to terminate on Homer at Dunsmuir.
Select trips to Downtown divert from Marine Drive onto Park Royal Centre Road and Taylor Way before returning to Marine Drive.
Points of Interest
- Vancouver City Centre Station
- Pacific Centre
- Vancouver Art Gallery
- Lost Lagoon Lake
- Stanley Park
- Lions Gate Bridge
- Park Royal Shopping Centre
- Ambleside Park
- Memorial Park (Eastbound)
- Memorial Library (Eastbound)
- June 1994 - Midday service on Sundays and holidays extended to terminate in Vancouver
- The route runs out of West Vancouver Municipal Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include New Flyer Industries D40LF , Orion I and Nova Bus LFS models.
- 251 Vancouver/Queens Schedule, westvancouver.net, retrieved 28-09-09