Coast Mountain Bus Company route 314 'Surrey Central / Sunbury / Scott Road Station'
314 Surrey Central Station/Sunbury/Scott Road Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west bus route servicing the Cities of Surrey and Delta. Half hourly service is provided during peak periods with hourly service at all other times on weekdays, weekends and holidays. The route travels through a mix of residential and industrial areas.
The route departs its western terminus on Centre Street at River Road taking River Road eastbound onto Brooke Road, 84th Avenue eastbound to 120th Street northbound, 96th Avenue eastbound until the King George Highway, 102nd Avenue westbound and then 135th Street and its terminus, streetside at Surrey Central Station.
Trips eastbound route from Surrey Central via 135th to 104th Avenue followed by King George Highway southbound. From 96th Avenue the route heads westbound to take 124th Street and then 92nd Avenue to access 120th Street. Trips terminate at Sunbury by 120th Street/Scott Road to 84th Avenue, Brooke, Dunlop Road and then Centre Street.
Certain Monday to Saturday westbound trips from morning to mid-afternoon and eastbound trips from morning until early evening are extended to or begin service from Sunbury. All other trips begin from or terminate on 96th Avenue at Scott Road (120th Street). Sunday service is provided only between Surrey Central Station and 96th Avenue at Scott Road (120th Street).
Select morning and afternoon peak hour trips are extended to Scott Road SkyTrain Station. Trips to Scott Road Station continue from Sunbury along River Road to 117th Street, Grace Road, 103A Avenue, Scott Road and then access road to Scott Road SkyTrain Station. Trips heading eastbound to Surrey Central depart from Scott Road by access road, Scott Road, 103A Avenue, Grace onto South Fraser Way becoming River Road, Centre, Dunlop, Brooke, 84th Avenue and then its regular route to Surrey Central.
A special early morning weekday westbound trip begins from 96th Avenue at King George Station and terminates on 96th at Scott Road (120th Street).
Points of Interest
- Scott Road SkyTrain Station (Bay 5)
- Scott Road Park & Ride
- North Delta Recreation Centre
- North Delta Park
- Delta Shoppers Mall
- Scott Town Plaza
- L.A. Matheson Secondary School
- King George SkyTrain Station (Bay 1 - Sunbury) (Bay 2 - Surrey Central)
- North Surrey Recreation Centre
- Central City Shopping Centre
- Simon Fraser University Surrey Campus
- Surrey Central SkyTrain Station (Bay 13)
- December 1996 - Peak hour service between Surrey Central and Scott Road Stations redesignated from 329 Scottsdale Mall/Sunbury/Surrey Central Station
- September 2003 - Route became bike rack equipped
- September 2008 - Service along Old Yale Road and 134A Street discontinued
- The route runs out of Surrey Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include New Flyer Industries D40LF and New Flyer Industries D40LFR models.
- ↑ The Buzzer December 13, 1996 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 26-03-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer August 29, 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 08-01-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer April 18, 2003 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 08-01-2010