Coast Mountain Bus Company route 321 'White Rock / Newton / Surrey Central Station'
321 White Rock/Newton/Surrey Central Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This north-south route connects Central Surrey with the communities of South Surrey and White Rock. It is a Frequent Transit Network (FTN) route with service 15 minutes or better for 15 hours or more of the day, seven days a week.
The route departs Surrey Central Station by 135th Street taking 102nd Avenue westbound, 134A Street, Old Yale Road and then King George Highway south. The route turns onto 72nd Avenue to service Newton Exchange before turning southbound onto 138th Street becoming 68th Avenue and then back onto King George Highway south until 152nd Street. The route continues down 152nd Street turning onto Martin Drive and then North Bluff Road eastbound to access the King George Highway. Heading south along King George the route continues onto 8th Avenue eastbound to make a loop at the Highway 99 Interchange back onto 8th and then King George, terminating on King George at 11th Avenue.
Northbound trips depart from King George Highway at 11th Avenue and route by North Bluff Road onto 152nd Street at White Rock Centre. Trips terminate at Surrey Central by taking King George Highway onto 102nd Avenue and then 135th Street.
Frequent Transit Network service is provided between White Rock Centre and Surrey Central Station as 321 White Rock Centre; service between Newton Exchange and Surrey Central is provided every other trip. Only peak morning and evening (from 8:00PM) hourly service is provided between Surrey Central Station and King George at 11th Avenue. The first northbound weekday trip to Surrey Central departs from 16th Avenue (North Bluff Road) at King George. Late evening southbound trips route from South Surrey Park & Ride by King George Highway onto 152nd and then North Bluff, bypassing Martin Drive.
Sundays feature two special service routings as SkyTrain service does not begin until 7:08AM. One special trip departs Surrey Central Station from Bay 9 routing to Scott Road Station and then New Westminster Station via Scott Road, the Pattulo, King George, Pattulo Bridge, McBride, Columbia and then 8th Street. Two trips southbound begin from New Westminster Station routing by 8th Street, Royal, Pattulo Bridge, King George Highway, Scott Road to Scott Road Station, Scott, King George, 104th Avenue and then 134A Street to Surrey Central before continuing on to White Rock Centre.
Points of Interest
- New Westminster Station (Bay 1 - Surrey Central) (Sundays and holidays only when SkyTrain not operating)
- Scott Road Station (Bay 1 - Surrey Central/New Westminster) (Sundays and holidays only when SkyTrain not operating
- North Surrey Recreation Centre
- Central City Shopping Centre
- Surrey Central SkyTrain Station (Bay 10) (Bay 9 - Sunday/Holiday service to New Westminster Station)
- Simon Fraser University Surrey Campus
- Holland Park
- Surrey Place Shopping Centre
- King George SkyTrain Station (Bay 1 - White Rock Centre/White Rock South) (Bay 2 - Surrey Central Station)
- Surrey Tax Centre
- Surrey Memorial Hospital
- Bear Creek Park
- Kings Cross Mall
- Newton Wave Pool
- Newton Exchange (Bay 3 - Surrey Central Station) (Bay 5 - White Rock Centre/White Rock South)
- Newton Recreation Centre and Community Hall
- South Surrey Park & Ride (Bay 1 - White Rock Centre/White Rock South) (Bay 4 - Surrey Central Station)
- Riverside Golf Centre
- White Rock Centre (Bay 6 - Surrey Central Station) (Bay 8 - White Rock South)
- Surrey Public Library Semiahmoo Branch
- Semiahmoo Shopping Centre
- Peace Arch Hospital
- Earl Marriott Secondary School
- October 2001 - Midday and Saturday service reduced between White Rock South, White Rock Centre and Newton Exchange to every 30 minutes and route and timetable revised to reflect the cancellation of route 390 White Rock Centre/King George Station
- December 2006 - Service between Newton Exchange and White Rock Centre improved to every 20 minutes from approximately 6:30AM to 8:30PM Monday to Friday and service between Newton and Surrey Central improved to every 10 minutes on Saturdays from 10:30am to 5:30pm
- April 2007 - Schedule adjusted for better transfers with 351 Crescent Beach/Vancouver 
- December 2007 - Routing between Newton Exchange and Surrey Central Station joins the Frequent Transit Network
- April 2008 - Route joins Frequent Transit Network (FTN) with service increased to a minimum of 15 minutes from 6am to 10pm everyday (Between Newton and White Rock Centre minimum 15 minutes 6am to 9pm and between Newton and Surrey Central every 7-8 minutes Monday to Saturday)
- The route runs out of Surrey Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include New Flyer Industries D40LF and New Flyer Industries D40LFR models.
- ↑ Service cuts for October 15, 2001 listed by route, translink.ca, retrieved 12-12-2009
- ↑ Connections South Of The Fraser Improve With December Changes, translink.ca, retrieved 06-01-10
- ↑ The Buzzer April 13, 2007 Issues, translink.ca, retrieved 06-01-10
- ↑ The Buzzer December 14, 2007 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 06-01-10
- ↑ The Buzzer April 11, 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 06-01-10