Coast Mountain Bus Company route 32 'Dunbar / Downtown'
32 Dunbar/Downtown is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is a peak period only route providing service only in one direction between Dunbar Loop and Downtown Vancouver.
Morning service begins on the corner of Dunbar and 41st Avenue. It travels north down Dunbar Street, onto Alma Street and then east onto 4th Avenue. From there it heads north on MacDonald Street onto Point Grey Road, Cornwall Avenue and then across the Burrard Street Bridge on Burrard Street. It terminates at West Pender and Hornby Street after making a right turn from Burrard.
Afternoon service sees the route start at Thurlow and West Pender, turn onto Burrard Street, and cross the Burrard Street Bridge onto Cornwall Avenue. From Cornwall it turns onto Point Grey Road, south on MacDonald, east on West 4th and onto Alma Street. It follows Alma to Dunbar Street down to Dunbar Loop at 41st Avenue.
Points of Interest
- Dunbar Loop
- St Paul's Hospital
- Burrard SkyTrain Station
- The route runs out of Vancouver Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include New Flyer Industries D40LF , Nova Bus LFS and Nova Bus LFS HEV models.
|Service Period||First Trip to Last Trip||Frequency|
|Weekday Northbound||6:50 AM - 8:21 AM||15-20 AM Peak|
|Weekday Southbound||4:05 PM - 6:20 PM||15-20 PM Peak|
- September 2003 - Route became wheelchair accessible
- December 2010 - Local service between MacDonald and 4th Avenue and Burrard Street Bridge introduced to relieve congestion
- ↑ The Buzzer April 18, 2003 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 06-12-2009
- ↑ December 13, 2010 Transit Service Changes, translink.ca, retrieved 30-11-2010