Coast Mountain Bus Company route 340 'Scottsdale / 22nd Street Station'
340 Scottsdale/22nd Street Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west inter-regional route connecting the Cities of Surrey, Delta and New Westminster with SkyTrain service. The route provides 15 minute frequency service on weekdays, 20 minute frequency on weekends during the daytime and half hourly service in the evening on all days.
The route departs 22nd Street Station by 7th Avenue onto 20th Street, Marine Drive and then access lane onto the Queensborough Bridge and Highway 91A. The route continues from the Howe Street Interchange along Highway 91A onto Highway 91, through the Cliveden Interchange and across the Alex Fraser Bridge southbound until exiting onto 64th Avenue and then Kittson Parkway. From Kittson the route returns back onto 64th Avenue followed by Scott Road northbound to mall access road and Scottsdale Exchange.
Westbound trips enter 22nd Street Station by exiting Highway 91A and the Queensborough Bridge onto the bus lane followed by 23rd Street and then 7th Avenue.
Points of Interest
- 22nd Street SkyTrain Station (Bay 6)
- Annacis Island Industrial Area
- Scottsdale Mall
- Scott 72 Centre
- Scottsdale Exchange (Bay 6)
- Surrey Public Library Strawberry Hill Branch
- Strawberry Hill Mall
- BC Transit Era - Formerly route 340 Cloverdale/Newton Exchange/22nd Street Station
- September 2007 - Route split in two to form 340 Scottsdale/22nd Street Stn and 341 Guildford/Newton/Cloverdale
- June 2008 - Route shortened to run between Scottsdale and 22nd Street Station with the extension of route 319 Scott Road Station/Newton Exchange and service increased on all days
- The route runs out of Surrey Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include New Flyer Industries D40LF and New Flyer Industries D40LFR models. Orion V coaches have been spotted serving the route as well.
- ↑ Route Frequency Table, bctransit.com, retrieved 16-01-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer August 24, 2007 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 16-01-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer June 20 2008 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 10-11-2009