Coast Mountain Bus Company route 43 'Joyce Stn / UBC'
43 Joyce Station/UBC is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
The route runs from Joyce Station to UBC Loop as an express service providing limited stops at major north-south connection points.
The route follows the same path as the 41 Joyce Stn/Crown/UBC complementing regular service. Beginning at Joyce Station, the route runs on Joyce Street until Kingsway where it becomes 41st Avenue. The route follows 41st Avenue and continues onto Southwest Marine Drive until 16th Avenue. The route terminates at UBC Loop by travelling along 16th Avenue and turning onto Wesbrook Mall.
Plans are in the works to replace the express service with a dedicated B-Line in the near future.
Express Route Stops
- Joyce-Collingwood Station (Bay 5)
- Joyce Street at Kingsway
- Clarendon Street
- Victoria Drive
- Knight Street
- Fraser Street
- Main Street
- Cambie Street
- Oak Street
- Granville Street
- West Boulevard
- Dunbar Street and Loop
- Southwest Marine Drive at Wesbrook Mall
- UBC Loop (Bay 8)
- September 2000 - Route introduced, vehicle was operating purely New Flyer D60LF and all trips are fully accessible
- September 2002 - Some trips were revised to operate as non-accessible with MCI Classics, accessible trips were operated by New Flyer D60
- December 2005 - Articulated bus service replaced with more frequent conventional 40 foot coaches
- Around 2006-2007 - The non-accessible trips resumed as accessible with the retirement of MCI Classic buses, but these trips were still operated by 40 foot buses
- The route runs out of Burnaby Transit Centre. Buses servicing the route include New Flyer Industries D60LF , D60LFR , DE60LFR and Nova Bus LFS models.