Coast Mountain Bus Company route 49 'Metrotown Stn / Dunbar Loop / UBC'
49 Metrotown Stn / Dunbar Loop / UBC is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
The east-west route runs from Metrotown Centre to UBC Loop during peak periods only servicing the neighbourhoods of Killarney, Oakridge, Kerrisdale and Dunbar. On weekends and non-peak periods the route terminates at Dunbar Loop. It is a Frequent Transit Network (FTN) route providing service 15 minutes or better, 15 hours or more of the day, seven days a week
Beginning on Central Boulevard, the route turns onto Willingdon Avenue and continues to Imperial Avenue. It makes a slight detour to service Champlain Square by turning at Tyne to 54th Avenue and again on Kerr Street before returning to 49th Avenue. The route continues down 49th Avenue and makes a northbound turn onto Dunbar Street to terminate at Dunbar Loop.
The peak service route continues from Dunbar down 41st Avenue to Southwest Marine Drive. The route terminates at UBC Loop by following 16th Avenue until Wesbrook Mall.
Points of Interest
- Metropolis/Metrotown Centre and Skytrain Station (Bay 3)
- Burnaby Public Library
- Oceanview Cemetary
- Central Park and Swanguard Stadium
- Champlain Square and Champlain Heights Public Library
- Killarney Secondary School
- David Thompson Secondary School
- Langara College
- Langara Station - Canada Line
- Magee Secondary School
- Dunbar Loop
- Pacific Spirit Regional Park
- UBC Hospital
- UBC Loop (Bay 7)
- March 1986 - Service rerouted to service Metrotown Station with new service along Imperial, Willingdon and Central Boulevard to Metrotown Station
- September 1990 - Accessible service introduced for select trips
- September 2000 - Operations transferred to Oakridge Transit Centre (OTC) from Burnaby Transit Centre (BTC)
- December 2005 - Re-route in Metrotown area, new route via: Willingdon Ave. and Imperial St. instead Willingdon Ave, Maywood St, McKay Ave then Imperial Street, the portion of Maywood St, McKay Ave replaced by the Community Shuttle services
- September 2007 - Weekday operations transferred to Richmond Transit Centre (RTC)
- June 2008 - Route added to Frequent Transit Network (FTN)
- September 2010 - Articulated bus service introduced for select peak hour trips in part due to overcrowding issues
- The route runs out of Richmond Transit Centre on weekdays and Vancouver Transit Centre on weekends and holidays with the majority of service provided by New Flyer Industries D40LF , Nova Bus LFS or Nova Bus LFS HEV models. Occasional Nova Bus LFS buses appear on the route. Burnaby Transit Centre provides supplementary peak hour service.
- ↑ The Buzzer February 28, 1986 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 05-04-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer August 10, 1990 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 02-04-2010
- ↑ TransLink focuses on busy routes, options, in quarterly adjustment, translink.bc.ca, retrieved 24-09-2009
- ↑ Fall Service Changes begin September 6, 2010, translink.ca, retrieved 27-08-2010