Coast Mountain Bus Company route 502 'Brookswood / Langley / Surrey Station'
502 Aldergrove/Brookswood/Langley/Surrey Station is a bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an east-west inter-regional bus route connecting City of Langley with SkyTrain service in Central Surrey via Brookswood. It is a Frequency Transit Network (FTN) route with service 15 minutes or better for 15 hours or more of the day, seven days a week. Service to Brookswood is only available during peak periods, Monday to Friday. Frequent Transit on the section between Langley Centre and Surrey Central.
The route departs Surrey Central Station from its 135th Street terminus to take 102nd Avenue onto Old Yale Road becoming 100th avenue followed by East Whalley Ring Road to the Fraser Highway eastbound. The route exits the Fraser Highway onto 203rd Street northbound onto Logan Avenue to terminate at Langley Centre.
Trips westbound to Surrey Central begin from the 272nd Street terminus in Aldergrove to take 32nd Avenue onto Station Road, 28th Avenue, 272nd onto 29th Avenue and the 264th Street to get onto the Fraser Highway towards Surrey. The route exits 56th Avenue onto Logan followed by Glover and then the Fraser Highway. Trips terminate at Surrey Central by exiting the Fraser Highway onto King George Highway northbound followed by 104th Avenue onto 135th Street.
In the morning peak period, select trips begin from Brookswood on 40th Avenue at 208th Street routing by 40th avenue onto 200th Street, 53rd Avenue onto 204th Street, Douglas, 203rd to Logan and then Glover and its regular route to Surrey Central Station.
Select afternoon peak hour trips terminate in Brookswood by departing from Langley Centre to route via Logan to Glover, 204th Street, 53rd Avenue, 200th Street southbound onto 40th Avenue, 204th Street, 42nd Avenue, 208th Street and finally onto 40th Avenue at 208th. Morning service to Brookswood is available on select trips beginning from Langley Centre or on a special school trip from Surrey Central.
- Route starts at Langley Centre (Bay 1 - Surrey Central)
- For Brokswood service is at Langley Centre (Bay 5 - Brookswood)
Points of Interest
- North Surrey Recreation Centre
- Central City Shopping Centre
- Surrey Public Library City Centre Branch
- Surrey Central SkyTrain Station (Bay 11)
- Simon Fraser University Surrey Campus
- King George SkyTrain Station (Bay 2 - Surrey Central) (Bay 3 - Langley Centre/Brookswood/Aldergrove)
- Evergreen Mall
- Willowbrook Mall
- Langley College
- Langley Centre (Bay 1 - Surrey Central) (Bay 5 - Brookswood)
- Cascades Casino
- Langley Mall (To Brookswood/Westbound Only)
- Langley City Hall (To Brookswood/Westbound Only)
- Langley Centennial Library (To Brookswood/Westbound Only)
- Portage Park (Brookswood Only)
- High Knoll Park (Brookswood Only)
- Brookswood Library (Brookswood Only)
- George Preston Recreation Centre (Brookswood Only)
- Ice Sports Civic Centre (Brookswood Only)
- Langley Riders Club (Brookswood Only)
- BC Transit Era - Formerly route 502 Surrey Central/Langley Centre/Brookswood/Fernridge
- December 2002 - Route introduced as a direct service replacing routes 506 and 511 Aldergrove/Langley Centre
- September 2003 - Route became bike rack equipped
- June 2007 - Route joined the Frequent Transit Network (FTN)
- September 2007 - Route 21 Aldergrove Connector
- April 2009 - Service to Aldergrove improved to half hourly on all days
- June 2014 - Route was truncated to Langley Centre, and peak hour trips to Brookswood. Service to Aldergrove replaced with the 503 Express. 
- The route runs out of Surrey Transit Centre. Buses normally servicing the route include New Flyer Industries D40LF and New Flyer Industries D40LFR models.
- ↑ Route Frequency Table, bctransit.com, retrieved 18-01-2010
- ↑ Get Involved The Buzzer December 23, 2002 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 18-01-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer April 18, 2003 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 18-01-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer June 22, 2007 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 18-01-2010
- ↑ New ValleyMAX Aldergrove - Abbotsford bus route starts Sept 4, translink.ca, retrieved 18-01-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer April 10, 2009 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 18-01-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer June 13, 2014, translink.ca, retrieved 27-06-2014