Coast Mountain Bus Company route 99 'Broadway Stn / UBC (B-line)'
99 Broadway Stn / UBC (B-line) is a bus rapid transit route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This route is the primary east-west route in Vancouver, providing connections between the University of British Columbia, the Canada Line at Broadway-City Hall Station, and the Expo and Millennium Lines at Commercial-Broadway Station.
This route operates from UBC Loop along Wesbrook Mall, making a turn eastbound onto University Boulevard. Past Blanca Street, University Boulevard changes into 10th Avenue. Then, the 99 B-Line turns northbound onto Alma Street and eastbound onto Broadway, continuing to Commercial Drive (Commercial-Broadway Station), unloading directly outside the SkyTrain station entrance. The bus then turns right onto North Grandview Highway, terminating at its layover point.
99 B-Line stops
- UBC Loop
- UBC Allison
- Arbutus (Introduced December 2009)
- Cambie (Broadway-City Hall Canada Line Station)
- Fraser (Introduced December 2009)
- Broadway-Commercial Drive Station (Expo & Millenium Line)
- Boundary (Limited Service after 2002)
- Brentwood Mall (Discontinued after 2002)
- Austin (Discontinued after 2002)
- Lougheed Mall (Discontinued after 2002)
- September 1996 - Route introduced, travelling between UBC Loop to Lougheed Mall Exchange, located at Lougheed Highway and Austin Road. Some trips operated UBC Loop to Broadway Station, with daytime service weekdays and Saturday only, and all buses were assigned from Port Coquitlam Transit Centre.
- April 1997 - Operation transferred to Burnaby Transit Centre
- September 1998 - Operation hours extended until midnight, but all evening and Sunday service terminated at Brentwood Mall (Halifax and Willingdon),
- September 1998 - New New Flyer D60LF buses introduced to replace New Flyer D60 and various standard 40-foot buses formerly servicing this route
- September 1999 - All evening and Sunday trips extended to Lougheed Mall, with some peak hour trips operating along Winston Street and Government Street instead of Lougheed Highway
- 2000 - Diversion in Burnaby area due to Millennium Line construction. Eastbound to Lougheed Mall via Gilmore, Dawson, Beta, Lougheed, Winston, Government, Austin to Lougheed Mall; westbound to UBC via Austin, Government, Winston, Sperling, Lougheed back to regular route on Willingdon, Halifax and Rosser to Lougheed
- September 2002 - Route shortened to Broadway Station with the start of the Millennium Line
- September 2003 - 99 Special non-stop service introduced operating between Broadway Station and UBC during peak hours only
- January 2006 - 99 Special discontinued after VCC-Clark Station opened; replaced by 84 UBC/VCC-Clark Station
- June 2007 - 99 B-Line became the first three-door boarding route
- September 2009 - Broadway Station and Commercial Station merged into Commercial-Broadway Station
- December 2009 - Two new stops added along route; Arbutus Street and Fraser Street
The route runs out of Burnaby Transit Centre, with some peak hour service from Richmond Transit Centre. New Flyer D60LF , New Flyer D60LFR and New Flyer DE60LFR are used on this route. On occasion, New Flyer D40LF and Nova Bus LFS buses may appear.
|Service Period||First Trip to Last Trip||Frequency|
|Weekday Westbound||5:47 AM - 1:52 AM||2-3 AM Peak, 4-5 PM Peak and Midday, 10 Evening, 12-30 Late evening|
|Weekday Eastbound||6:11 AM - 1:04 AM||2-3 PM Peak, 4-5 AM Peak and Midday, 8-10 Evening, 12-15 Late evening|
|Saturday Westbound||6:52 AM - 1:52 AM||8 Midday, 10 Morning, 12 Evening, 12-30 Late evening|
|Saturday Eastbound||7:30 AM - 1:03 AM||8 Midday, 12 Morning and Evening, 12-15 Late evening|
|Sunday Westbound||7:00 AM - 1:52 AM||8 Midday, 12 Morning and Evening, 12-30 Late evening|
|Sunday Eastbound||7:35 AM - 1:04 AM||10 Midday, 12-15 Late evening|
- ↑ Bus service changes coming December 14: new 99 B-Line stops and more, buzzer.translink.ca, retrieved 10-12-2009