Coast Mountain Bus Company route C49 'Ruskin / Haney Place'
C49 Ruskin/Maple Ridge East/Haney Place is a community shuttle route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, BC Canada.
This is a north-south shuttle loop service running in the District of Maple Ridge with connection between Haney Place and East Maple Ridge communities such as Whonnock and Ruskin. Service is available Monday to Saturday during select times only. No service is provided on Sundays or holidays.
Trips southbound depart Haney Place Exchange by McIntosh Avenue to take 226th Street, 119th Avenue, 227th Street and then Dewdney Trunk Road eastbound. From Dewdney Trunk Road at 256th Street, flag stop procedures are in effect. The route continues east along Dewdney Trunk Road with morning service routing by Garibaldi Street, Sayers Crescent, 128th Avenue and McNutt Road back to Dewdney Trunk Road followed by 284th Street southbound onto 116th Avenue and then 280th Street. The route continues south along 280th until reaching Lougheed Highway where it turns westbound to take River Road northward onto 272nd Street all the way back to Dewdney Trunk Road and then Haney Place. Afternoon trips route from Dewdney Trunk Road onto McNutt Road, 128th and then Garibaldi Street followed by its regular route along 284th. Trips arrive back at Haney Place by Dewdney Trunk Road, Edge Street and then McIntosh.
Points of Interest
- Haney Place Mall
- Maple Ridge Municipal Hall
- Haney Place Exchange (Bay 6)
- Memorial Gardens
- Maple Ridge Public Library
- Garibaldi Secondary School
- Kanaka Creek Regional Park
- Whonnock Lake
- Whonnock Park
- Selvey Park
- September 2004 - Route converted to community shuttle service from former conventional service 721 Ruskin/Haney Place
- August 2008 - New Haney Place Exchange officially opens for use
- The route is served by Community Shuttles running out of Port Coquitlam Transit Centre.
- Maple Ridge – Pitt Meadows Area Transit Plan, translink.ca, retrieved 22-4-2010
- Haney Place bus exchange officially opens, translink.ca, retrieved 22-04-2010