Coast Mountain Bus Company route N10 'Richmond / Downtown Nightbus'
N10 Richmond/Downtown NightBus is an overnight bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This is an overnight service connecting Downtown Vancouver with Vancouver International Airport and the City of Richmond. The north-south route provides seven night service from approximately 1:00AM to 4:30AM with the final trips departing at around 4:30AM. Service to the Airport stops at 2:30AM northbound (towards Downtown) and 3:30AM southbound (towards Richmond).
The route begins at the Downtown NightBus terminus Bay 4 on Dunsmuir at Howe and heads south along Howe to cross the Granville Street Bridge. The route takes Granville Street all the way to the Arthur Liang Bridge using Russ Baker and the off-ramp to exit onto Miller Road heading west to the Airport, Templeton Street to Templeton Station, North Service Road, Connector 2 and re-enters onto Grant McConachie Way to loop around the Airport where it exits onto South Perimeter Road, Miller Road eastbound. The route takes Miller, Sea Island Way and crosses Morey Channel Bridge to access No. 3 Road. It follows No. 3 Road, turns onto Saba and then Buswell and makes a loop using Buswell, Granville Avenue and No. 3 Road to reach its terminus on Anderson Road.
Northbound trips leave Anderson Road making a loop with Buswell, Granville and then No. 3 Road Downtown bound. It takes Bridgeport Road, Airport Bridge, the Cessna off-ramp onto Miller, Templeton, North Service Road, Connector 2, Grant McConachie Way to the Airport. It leaves the Airport by Grant McConachie, South Perimeter Road, Miller, Russ Baker Way onto the Arthur Liang Bridge, Marine Drive onto Granville Street and the Granville Street Bridge to Downtown. Seymour, Hastings westbound and then Howe is used to arrive back at the Downtown terminus.
Trips that do not serve Vancouver International Airport turn onto Miller from Russ Baker heading east to cross the Moray Bridge. Northbound trips exit Bridgeport Road, Airport Bridge and Cessna off-ramp onto Russ Baker Way and the Arthur Laing Bridge.
Points of Interest
- NightBus Terminus (Bay 4)
- Vancouver Art Gallery
- Templeton Station
- Sea Island Centre Station
- Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
- Bridgeport Station Canada Line
- Aberdeen Station
- Lansdowne Park Mall Shopping Centre/Lansdowne Station
- Richmond Centre
- Richmond-Brighouse Station (Bay 2 Northbound) (Bay 4 Southbound Unloading Only)
- 2001 - All NightBus routes cancelled due to funding shortfall
- September 2004 - Service introduced to run until 3:10AM from Monday to Saturday
- December 2004 - Sunday service introduced
- April 2006 - Service rerouted due to construction of the Canada Line; service revised to operate northbound along Seymour and southbound along Howe; service to terminate at new bus bays on Howe between Georgia and Hastings
- August 2007 - Service rerouted to turn east on Cook Road to Cooney, Lansdowne and then Three Road during construction of the Canada Line
- September 2009 - Expanded the service until the first train of Canada Line
- December 2009 - Routing revised to allow service to Bridgeport Station
- ↑ NightBus Service Expanded to Six Nights a Week, translink.bc.ca, retrieved 13-09-2009
- ↑ Bus service changes coming December 14: new 99 B-Line stops and more, buzzer.translink.ca, retrieved 10-12-2009
- ↑ The Buzzer April 24, 2006 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 23-04-2010
- ↑ The Buzzer August 3, 2007 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 15-02-2010