Coast Mountain Bus Company route N9 'Coquitlam Station / Downtown Nightbus'
N9 Coquitlam Station/Downtown NightBus is an overnight bus route operated by Coast Mountain Bus Company in Metro Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
This route provides overnight service seven nights a week from approximately 1:00AM to 4:30AM with the final trip leaving Downtown Vancouver at 3:00AM. It parallels sections of the Millenium SkyTrain Line providing service to Vancouver, Burnaby, Burquitlam, Port Moody and Coquitlam.
The route departs the Downtown NightBus terminus on Howe at Dunsmuir Street and takes Howe to cross the Granville Street Bridge and then Broadway heading east. It continues along Lougheed Highway where Broadway meets Rupert Street, takes Boundary, Henning Drive to access Gilmore Stn and re-enters Lougheed Highway. It continues to North Road, Clarke Road, Clarke Drive and Charles Street to access the Barnet Highway/St. Johns Street, Ioco Road, Guildford Way and then Pinetree Way to arrive at Coquitlam Station. Westbound trips use Access Road, Mariner Way and Barnet to get back onto Pinetree. It exits Granville Street Bridge to enter Downtown by Seymour Street using West Hastings to loop onto Howe and the NightBus terminus.
Points of Interest
- Downtown NightBus Terminus (Bay 3)
- Vancouver Art Gallery and Robson Square
- Downtown Entertainment District
- Vancouver General Hospital
- Commercial-Broadway SkyTrain Stn
- Rupert SkyTrain Stn
- Gilmore SkyTrain Stn
- Brentwood Mall Shopping Centre and Brentwood Town Centre SkyTrain Stn
- Holdom SkyTrain Stn
- Sperling SkyTrain Stn
- Lake City SkyTrain Stn
- Production Way-University SkyTrain Stn
- Lougheed Mall Shopping Centre and Lougheed SkyTrain Stn
- Burquitlam Mall
- Coquitlam Centre
- Westwood Mall Shopping Centre
- Coquitlam Station (Bay 7)
- 2001 - All NightBus routes cancelled due to funding shortfall
- December 2004 - Service introduced to run until 3:10AM from Monday to Sunday
- April 2006 - Service rerouted due to construction of the Canada Line; service revised to operate northbound along Seymour and southbound along Howe; service to terminate at new bus bays on Howe between Georgia and Hastings
- The route runs out of Port Coquitlam Transit Centre. Buses that service the route include New Flyer Industries D40LF and New Flyer Industries C40LFR models.
- ↑ NightBus Service Expanded to Six Nights a Week, translink.bc.ca, retrieved 09-13-2009
- ↑ The Buzzer April 24, 2006 Issue, translink.ca, retrieved 23-04-2010