Flyer Industries Limited was founded by John Coval in 1930 as the Western Auto and Truck Body Works Ltd. Reflecting an increased focus on bus manufacturing, it changed its name in 1948 to Western Flyer Coach. In the 1960s the company further focused on the urban transit bus market. Once again it changed its name to Flyer Industries Limited in 1971.
On July 15, 1986, Jan den Oudsten, a descendant of the family who created the Dutch company Den Oudsten Bussen BV, purchased Flyer Industries, changing its name to New Flyer Industries Limited.
- D700A (1969-1973)
- D800 (1974-77, based on the AM General Metropolitan which itself was a updated version of the D700)
- D800B (1977-81)
- D900 (1980)
- D901/D901A (1980-86)
- D902 (1984, for San Francisco)