New Flyer Industries D35
|New Flyer D35|
|Years of manufacture||1987 to 1997|
|Curb weight||23,200 lbs|
The New Flyer Industries D35 is a transit bus built by New Flyer Industries between 1987 and 1997, but was offered until 2001. The D35 uses hollow tube side construction for stability and durability with an anti-corrosion paint and clad with fiberglass panelling. Wheel housings are stainless steel, and the stepwells are stainless steel or fibreglass. The powertrain could be arranged in a V or T-drive arrangement.
- Length: 35.8'
- Width: 102"
- Height: 120"
- Wheelbase: 218.4""
- Seating Capacity: 37
Heating and Ventilation
- Underfloor forced air heating.
- Two roof vents.
- Driver's fresh air vent.
- Air conditioning available.
- Allen-Bradley PLC Multiplex Wiring System
- Full air suspension with two hydraulic shock absorbers at each axle
- Front: Rockwell reverse Elliot 14,600 lbs capacity
- Rear: Rockwell Full Floating 26,000 lbs capacity
- Front: internal expanded S-CAM drum - 14.5" x 6" with manual or automatic slack adjustors
- Rear: internal expanded S-CAM drum - 14.5" x 10" with manual or automatic slack adjustors
- Bendix Westinghouse compressor, governor, and air dryer
- Front: slide glide
- Rear: various options
- Aluminum sash, clamp type windows.
- Two-piece laced in windshield.
- Deseronto Transit - Deseronto, ON
- Grande Prairie Transit - Grande Prairie, AB
- Moose Jaw Transit - Moose Jaw, SK
- Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District (AC Transit) - Oakland, Alameda & Contra Costa Counties, CA
- Charleston Area Regional Transit Authority - Charleston, SC
- Community Transit - Lynnwood & Snohomish County, WA
- LeeTran - Fort Myers, FL
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) - Atlanta, Fulton County, & DeKalb County, GA
- Santa Cruz Metropolitan Transit District (Santa Cruz Metro) - Santa Cruz, CA
Below is a list of known demonstrator and engineering buses
|1990||13890||Sold to Community Transit 603.|
|New Flyer Industries|