New Flyer Industries E60
|New Flyer E60|
|Years of manufacture||1993 to 1994|
The New Flyer Industries E60 is an articulated trolley bus with all the standard features of the D60. The E60 is propelled by two 240 HP AC induction traction motors which are mounted on the middle and rear axles for maximum traction and improved weight distribution. The motors were custom designed by General Electric with the latest in AC propulsion technology. Offwire power is provided by a battery APU for maximum flexibility. It was only produced for a short time (1993-1994) and only for one transit agency (San Francisco MUNI). It was however offered by New Flyer until 2001.
Main Propulsion Unit
- Solid State 240 H.P. AC Induction Traction Motor on center and rear axles.
- Auxiliary Power Unit
- Off wire power supplied by optional high performance batteries.
Heating and Ventilation
- Roof mounted forced air heating.
- Three roof vents.
- Driver's fresh air vent.
- Air conditioning available.
- Full air suspension with two hydraulic shock absorbers at each axle.
- Front Axle - Rockwell reverse Elliot 14,6000 lbs. capacity.
- Center and Rear Axles - Rockwell Full Floating 26,000 lbs. capacity.
- Electric Regenerative and Resistive Braking.
- Internal expanded S-CAM type.
- Manual or automatic slack adjustors.
- Front - Slide Glide clear opening 38" or 26"x87".
- Center - Optional.
- Rear - Various styles clear opening 38" or 26"x87".
- Aluminum sash, clamp type windows.
- Two-piece laced in windshield.
- Length: 60 feet
- Width: 102"
- Height: 128"
- Front: 202"
- Rear: 308"
- Passenger Capacity: 145
- Seating Capacity: 64
- Pivot Angle: 40 degrees
- Turning Radius: 41 feet
- Integral "chassisless" design
- Sides are hollow structural tubing
- Panels are .200" thick fiberglass with .020" colored gelcoat finish
- Aluminum or fiberglass side panels
- Wheel housings stainless steel
- Stepwells are fiberglass
- The articulated joint is the ATG "Artic-O-Mat" with anti-jack knife feature.
- MUNI - San Francisco, CA
|New Flyer Industries|