New Flyer Industries XD40
|New Flyer XD40|
|Years of manufacture||2008 to present|
|Weight||approx. 25,000 lbs|
|Seating capacity||42 max|
The New Flyer Industries XD40 is a diesel transit bus from New Flyer's Xcelsior line. The XD40 was introduced as the full diesel option of the Xcelsior in 2008, but it was not until 2010 when operators began ordering this model.
A visual feature setting the bus apart from the XDE40 is the roof enclosure only extends to just before the rear door. All that needs to be covered on the XD40 is the HVAC as there are no batteries on the roof. However a full raised roofline may be specified as seen on Community Transit's order.
- Length: 41'
- Width: 102"
- Height: 126"
- Turning radius: 44'
- Wheelbase: 283.75"
- Thermo King RLF1-M1
- Vansco multiplex
- Composite subfloor at rear interior step with ACQ Plywood remainder
- Altro Transflor
- Gerflor Tarabus
- RCA rubber
- All wheel disc
Fuel tank capacity
- 473 litres
- Barrie Transit - Barrie, ON
- Brampton Transit - Brampton, ON
- Burlington Transit - Burlington, ON
- Collingwood Public Transit (COLLTRANS) - Collingwood, ON
- Conseil intermunicipal de transport La Presqu'Île - Hudson; L'Île-Perrot; Notre-Dame-de-l'Île-Perrot; Pincourt; and Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC
- Conseil intermunicipal de transport de Sorel-Varennes (CITSV) - Contrecoeur; Saint-Amable; Saint-Joseph-de-Sorel; Sorel-Tracy; Varennes; and Verchères, QC
- Durham Region Transit (DRT) - Durham Region, ON
- Edmonton Transit System - Edmonton, AB (on order)
- Fort McMurray Transit - Fort McMurray, AB
- Hamilton Street Railway (HSR) - Hamilton, ON
- Oakville Transit - Oakville, ON
- Orillia Transit - Orillia, ON
- Kingston Transit - Kingston, ON
- London Transit Commission (LTC) - London, ON
- Metro Transit - Halifax Regional Municipality, NS (on order)
- Milton Transit - Milton, ON
- Mississauga Transit (MiWay) - Mississauga, ON
- North Bay Transit - North Bay, ON
- St. Catharines Transit - St. Catharines, ON
- Welland Transit - Welland, ON
- West Vancouver Municipal Transit - West Vancouver Area, BC
- Community Transit - Lynnwood & Snohomish County, WA
- Fairfax Connector - Fairfax County, VA
- Metropolitan Transportation Authority - New York City, NY
- Metropolitan Washington Airport Authority - Washington, DC
- Milwaukee County Transit System - Milwaukee, Wisconsin (On Order)
- Rochester-Genesee Regional Transportation Authority - Rochester, NY
Demonstrator and engineering units
Below is a list of known demonstrator and engineering buses.
|Fleet number||Thumbnail||Year||VIN||Engine||Hybrid system||Notes|
|SR1212||Cummins ISL9||Allison B400R||LFR front end|
|New Flyer Industries|