New Flyer Industries XN60
|Years of manufacture|
|Seating capacity||59 max|
The New Flyer Industries XN60 (initially called the XC60) is a compressed natural gas-powered transit bus from New Flyer's Xcelsior line. It has been in development since at least 2009, and in June 2010, a prototype began construction at the Winnipeg facility. The XN60 is expected to launch in 2012 with Omnitrans in San Bernardino, California. New Flyer was awarded the contract on May 5, 2010. The XN60 is the first CNG articulated bus to be offered by New Flyer, and it made it's debut at the 2011 APTA EXPO.
- Length: 60' 10"
- Width: 102"
- Height: 133"
- GVWR: 43,000 lb
- Turning radius: 44'
- Wheelbase: 229" front, 293" rear
- Thermo King RLF1-M1 (front) and T-15 evaporator(rear)
- Vansco multiplex
- Composite subfloor at rear interior step with ACQ Plywood remainder
- Altro Transflor
- Gerflor Tarabus
- RCA rubber
- All wheel disc
- Fresno Area Express (FAX) - Fresno, CA (on order)
- Metro Regional Transit Authority - Akron, OH
- Omnitrans - San Bernardino County, CA
- Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) - Orange County, CA (on order)
- Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTC Transit) - Las Vegas, NV (on order)
- San Diego Metropolitan Transit System (MTD) - San Diego, CA (on order)
- Sun Metro - El Paso, TX (on order)
Demonstrator and engineering units
Below is a list of known demonstrator and engineering buses.
|SR1324||June 2010||2FYC8YC05AD037699||Builders plate: B/A XC60 DIESEL TRANSIT|
|Sept 2011||2FYC8YC03BE039320||Cummins Westport ISL G||Allison B500R||
|New Flyer Industries|