User talk:Kevin L
Thanks!--Kevin L 13:56, 7 September 2007 (PDT)
In regards to the MCI pages you've been making...do you not think one page for 'MCI D Series', E, J, etc, would do, with subsections for each? After all, they are essentially extended or shortened versions of each other.
It seems more logical, at least to me, to have a D Series main page and have subpages for the model name changes. It makes the main D series page less cluttered and more organized and not trying to jam everything on one page. --Kevin L 21:03, 15 September 2007 (PDT)
Orion VII NG
I don't think it is necessary to create a seperate page for the NG verson of the Orion VII page. The original page was setup to include all versions of Orion VII, including the NG version. With creating the NG page it may lead to an Orion Bus Industries 'Orion 07.501', Orion Bus Industries 'Orion 07.501' NG, Orion Bus Industries 'Orion 07.502' pages etc. I don't think we have info on some of these buses to create their own pages. D40LF 05:57, 20 September 2007 (PDT)
That's fine, I understand --Kevin L 11:48, 21 September 2007 (PDT)
Please be advised that there is now a policy for the titles of photographs uploaded to the CPTDB Wiki. This is the CPTDB Wiki:Photographs. Some of your recent uploads don't meet the criteria in that they don't have the full name of the transit agency in the title. Can you please fix this? Thankyou. D40LF 21:36, 26 September 2007 (PDT)
Noted. Could you delete those recent uploads and i'll reupload them. --Kevin L 08:03, 27 September 2007 (PDT)
Done! D40LF 09:11, 27 September 2007 (PDT)
Société de transport de l'Outaouais pages
Just wondering if it might not be better to have this pages moved to one that include the full number, ie Société de transport de l'Outaouais 8301-8309 instead of Société de transport de l'Outaouais 8301-09. D40LF 13:37, 31 January 2008 (PST)
I was thinking of doing that. Should I do a redirect or a totally new page? --Kevin L 13:55, 31 January 2008 (PST)
- I would suggest to just move the old page to the new title. Then once moved check the 'What links here' option in the toolbox and then update the links. Takes a bit of work but avoids re-direcets. Once done the old page can be deleted. D40LF 15:16, 31 January 2008 (PST)
I finally got around to doing those moves, albeit in a roundabout way. Thanks for finishing the job! Orion VIII 23:19, 4 July 2008 (CDT)
Please refrain from editing the Guelph Transit Pages. It is currently a work in Progress. Thank You. 19 Hurontario 19:13, 31 July 2008 (CDT)
- I didn't see that notice until after I edited those pages. Sorry.
- Late Reply, but no need to apologize 19 Hurontario 20:54, 22 August 2008 (CDT)
OC Transpo 9800series
Are you planning on adding thumbnails to this series? :) --21c123 22:28, 15 August 2008 (EDT)
- Freshly done! --Kevin L 20:00, 18 August 2008 (CDT)
- Thanks Kevin. Nice job. --21c123 22:13, 18 August 2008 (EDT)
Oakville Transit Series Pages
Hey, Thanks for starting to do the series pages for Oakville, I was about to do them but you beat me! 19 Hurontario 20:51, 22 August 2008 (CDT)
- I was thinking about doing them a few weeks ago but forgot about them until tonight.--Kevin L 21:00, 22 August 2008 (CDT)
Canadian Armed Forces
Hey Kevin, just wondering if you were using the license plate number as the fleet number for these units? Thanks! --A. Wong 20:23, 15 September 2008 (CDT)
- Yes, since they usually lack actual fleet numbers.--Kevin L 20:26, 15 September 2008 (CDT)
Coach Canada 53461-53475
Hi Kevin, I noticed that you created a duplicate page for these buses back in December 2010. Here is the original page:
and the duplicate:
I have reinstated the original page as it is more upto date.
Also shouldn't 82823 have its own page as it is not part of that number series?
D40LF 01:12, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
- Yes. I'm not sure why I did that. Thanks for pointing that out and correcting it.--Kevin L 01:14, 25 April 2011 (UTC)
I noticed that 04.501 had uploaded a new version of Woodstock Transit 14-a.jpg which was out of focus. He had also proposed it as a feature photo!!
I reverted the photo this morning for the roster page, which in turn caused my original to be nominated on the feature page. I thus deleted the entry.
I had been under the impression that new photos of the same vehicle were to be uploaded as -b, -c, etc versions.
Is that still the policy? If so 04.501 needs to be made aware of it. I have seen warnings to him not to upload poor photos, but it appears he still is.
Michael Taylor March 20, 2012
- Yes that is correct and he has been warned again. I have deleted the two Woodstock Transit 14-a images. --Kevin L 00:24, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
I noticed that you recently created a page listing the VIN's for the GM TA60-102N. I created a page for that info already General Motors TA60-102N production list. I would also have to take a closer look but it seems that this is not the only time a duplicate list has been created.
D40LF 23:24, 24 June 2012 (UTC)
- I wasn't aware that page exists. Would it be better to leave it with the current title and link it on the VIN project page or move it to the title with the page I created?--Kevin L 21:23, 25 June 2012 (UTC)
- I think if it is a small production of buses, like the TA60-102N, then we don't need to have the title include the VIN year code, even if the production was spread over more than year.D40LF 22:51, 25 June 2012 (UTC)
Please delete http://www.cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=VIN_check_digit
I had not realized that this info was already included in the VIN specs.
Basically a duplication of info already on the Wiki.
September 16th, 2012.
- Done--Kevin L 17:32, 16 September 2012 (UTC)
When I started to create the VIN lists I intended for them to be production lists, not including any subsequent owners if a bus was sold as this information is already listed elsewhere on the wiki. Just wondering if we therefore really do need anything in the notes section to this regard. D40LF 02:36, 18 September 2012 (UTC)
- Good point, John.
I'll clean up the Trident III list this afternoon and create roster pages for them in NYC & Chicago and add the sold to info there. 21C123 11:06 19 September 2012 (UTC)
- On second thought it does seem redundant. I 'll stop doing it and clean up pages as I edit them with new VINs.--Kevin L 22:23, 20 September 2012 (UTC)
More thoughts on VIN lists
I have been adding CTA VINs to the Wiki Roster pages and had added some of them to the VIN pages. Lots of work when they received batches of more than a 100 with consecutive numbers and the Motor Coach Age only quotes the last 8.
- What if the entry for these batches read something like:
|VIN||Build Date||Operator||Unit Number||Notes|
|6B030547-6B030731||2006||Chicago Transit Authority||1245-1429|
21C123 02:24, 20 October 2012 (UTC)
- I like this with one addition. Instead of the last few digits for the first VIN include the full VIN, ie (for example and I am just making this up)
|VIN||Build Date||Operator||Unit Number||Notes|
|5FYD2LL116B030547-6B030731||2006||Chicago Transit Authority||1245-1429|
Of course it wont work for orders that are not consecutive, like Orion!
D40LF 02:15, 20 October 2012 (UTC)
- The way I see it, constructing the table with each individual serial now saves time later when we discover the full VIN for these. I know it takes time but I feel it will pay off later. --Kevin L 13:01, 20 October 2012 (UTC)
Please delete page
Hi Kevin, can you please delete Kingston City Coach 4402-4403, 4405, 4407-4414, 4416. I have created a new page, Kingston City Coach 4401-4405, 4407-4414, 4416 that includes a couple of buses missing from the previous page. Thanks! D40LF 04:51, 17 November 2012 (UTC)
- Done!--Kevin L 21:05, 17 November 2012 (UTC)