Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority route 79 'Georgia Avenue Metro Extra'
|Route Type||Regional - Radial|
|AM Peak Buses Deployed||13|
|PM Peak Buses Deployed||13|
|Weekday Average Ridership||6,794 (FY'12)|
79 Georgia Avenue Metro Extra is a bus route operated by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority.
This is a special north-south, limited stop, express bus route running in the District of Columbia with limited service extending into Maryland. Service runs every 10-12 minutes from 6am to 7pm on weekdays only. Specially painted buses in "Metro Extra" livery provide service on the route. Local service is provided by routes 70 Georgia Avenue/7th Street and 71 Georgia Avenue/7th Street.
Major route stops
- Silver Spring Metro Station (Terminus)
- Shepherd Park
- Walter Reed
- Piney Branch
- Kennedy Street
- Decatur Street
- Georgia Avenue-Petworth Metro Station
- Howard University
- Florida Avenue
- Shaw/Howard University Metro Station
- Convention Center
- H Street
- Gallery Place-Chinatown Metro Station
- Archives-Navy Memorial-Penn Quarter Metro Station (Terminus)
- ↑ 2010 Bus Fleet Plan Final Report July 22, 2010, Pgs25-29, wmata.com, retrieved 14-01-2011
- ↑ FY12 MetroBus Weekday Average Ridership, wmata.com, retrieved 12-10-2012