York Region Transit route 20 'Jane-Concord'
|Number of Branches||6|
|Types of buses used||New Flyer D40LF/R , Orion V|
|Related routes||4, 35D|
20 Jane-Concord is a base route operated by YRT in Vaughan and Toronto, ON.
Route 20 serves Jane St. and parallel north-south roads between Teston Rd. and Steeles Ave.
This route has 4 main branches:
- 20 Teston - York University via Concord (weekdays November to April)
- 20 Teston - York University (weekends/holidays November to April)
- 20 Teston - York University via Concord and Canada's Wonderland (weekdays May to October)
- 20 Teston - York University via Canada's Wonderland (weekends/holidays May to October)
This route serves the Maple and Concord communities. It also serves Maple High School, Vaughan Mills, and Vaughan Corporate Centre. Two trips in the morning and two in the afternoon also serve the industrial area on Creditstone Rd.
Route 20 connects to Viva Orange at Vaughan Corporate Centre during weekdays, Interchange Way, and York University, and Viva Purple at York University. A small portion of the route is shared with Viva Orange, between Interchange Way (Vaughan Corporate Centre during weekdays) and York University.
Under Vaughan Transit, Jane St. only had transit service south of Langstaff Rd, which was operated by the TTC's route 35D. When YRT took over operations in 2001, it extended route 4 south on Jane to meet 35D at Langstaff Rd.
This arrangement lasted until October 23, 2004, when YRT introduced a through service along Jane in the form of route 20. When introduced, it had full, 7 day a week service. After route 20 was introduced, route 4 was cut back to end by looping along Melville in September 2005, nearly a year after 20 began operating.
Route 20 was affected by the York University strike between November 6, 2008 and January 29, 2009.
Route 20 was declared accessible in September 2010.
Another branch of route 20 was created for weekends/holidays on April 22, 2012, which bypasses the detour toward the Edgeley Business Park.
The Melville portion of route 20 will be eliminated on June 30, 2013, being replaced by the new route 26. In addition, buses will no longer enter the bus loop at Canada's Wonderland, instead serving the park from Jane St. Finally, route 20 will be renamed to "Jane".
- Mosque Gate/Teston Rd.: Northern terminus. Connection to route 87.
- Major Mackenzie Dr.: Connections to routes 4/4A, 87, 360.
- Canada's Wonderland: Served only when the park is in session. Connections to routes 165A, 760
- Vaughan Mills Terminal: Serves Bay 4 southbound and Bay 6 northbound. Connections to routes 4, 12, 85/85A/85B, 87, 360, 760.
- Locke/Caldari: Served by two trips weekdays.
- Courtland Ave.
- Highway 7 (on Edgeley during weekdays): Connections to Viva Orange during weekdays and routes 35D, 77.
- Steeles Ave.: Connection to route 10, 35D.
- York University: Southern terminus. Serves Bay 2 or 3. Connections to Viva Orange, Viva Purple, and routes 3, 10, 22A, 107B/107C/107D/107F.
|AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening|