York Region Transit route 32 'Aurora South'
|Number of Branches||2|
|Types of buses used||E-Z Rider II/BRT/MAX , New Flyer D40LF , Dial-a-Ride Vehicles , Orion VI|
32 Aurora South is a local route operated by YRT in Aurora, ON.
Route 32 operates along Stone Rd., Wellington St., Murray Dr. and Henderson Dr.
This route has 2 main branches:
- 32 Seneca College King Campus - Stone Road (Weekday rush hours only)
- 32 Bathurst - Stone Road (Weekdays)
This route serves the southern Aurora communities. It also serves Aurora Shopping Centre, Aurora High School, Downtown Aurora, Aurora Public Library, Sir Maximillian Kolve Catholic High School, and Aurora GO Station. One trip in the morning and one in the afternoon serve Cardinal Carter Catholic High School. Two trips in the morning and two in the afternoon also serve Dr. G.W. Williams Secondary School. Some trips also serve the bus loop at Aurora GO Station.
Aurora Transit first operated a 'Aurora North' route. It was later taken over by Newmarket Transit, and the route was named A2 Aurora Centre Plaza. A2 was later taken over by YRT, which was when they renumbered it to 32 Aurora South. It had a much different route, and was more north-south orientated than the current east-west operation. 32 ran from Aurora Centre Plaza roughly south-west along Wellington and Yonge to Henderson, and along McClellan, Bathurst and Sideroad 15 to Seneca College.
In September 2005, with the looming introduction of Viva Blue and route 33, YRT rerouted both routes 31 and 32 to operate primarily along Wellington. 32 was switched to run along Wellington from Bathurst to Bayview, now looping on Stone Rd.. This rerouting also allowed the replacement of the Aurora GO Shuttles, routes 220 and 221.
In 2010, Dial-a-Ride was implemented on this route for weekday evening runs and Saturday runs. In September 2011, routing was added along Industrial Pkwy. to serve the food bank on Dial-a-Ride trips only.
Route 32 was declared fully accessible in December 2012.
The 2014 Annual Service Plan will have the 7:09pm southbound trip discontinued.
- Seneca College King Campus: Southern terminus during peak periods. Connections to routes 22, 88/88E.
- Cardinal Carter Catholic High School: Served by two trips weekdays. Connections to routes 22/22A, 84A/84C.
- Bathurst/McClellan Way: Western terminus during off-peak periods.
- McClellan Way/Henderson
- Yonge/Murray: Connections to routes 22A, 31, 98/98E.
- Wellington/Yonge: Connections to Viva Blue/Blue A and routes 22A, 31, 33/33A, 54.
- Dr. G.W. Williams Secondary School: Served by three trips weekdays.
- Wellington/Walton: Connections to routes 31, 33/33A, 54.
- Wellington/Industrial Pkwy.: Connections to routes 31, 33/33A, 54.
- Aurora GO Station: Served during GO Train meets. Connections to routes 31, 33A, 222.
- Bayview/Stone Rd.: Northern terminus.
|AM Peak||Midday||PM Peak||Early Evening||Late Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening||Early AM||Day||Evening|
|32 to Seneca King||Variable||Not operated.||Variable||Not operated.|
|32 to Bathurst||58||Not operated.||Dial-a-Ride||Not operated.||Dial-a-Ride||Not operated.|
|Schedule during peak periods is timed to connect with the GO Train at Aurora GO Station.|