BART Express 19087-19131
BART Express 19087-19131 were 1988 Gillig Phantom 40' (40/102TB/6V92T) buses. They were ordered by Laidlaw Transit Services as a result of taking over the BART Express contract, which was previously operated by AC Transit. In mid to late 1997, BART Express service ended. The buses transferred to various agencies operated by Laidlaw and ran for many more years before retirement.
|Detroit Diesel 6V92TA DDEC II||Allison HT-747
|19115, 19131 & 19127 at the Laidlaw/LACMTA|
Contract Services Yard circa 1997 before
transferring to other agencies
- 3 units (likely 19089, 19090 & 19096, confirmation awaiting) transferred to Minnesota Valley Transit Authority (MVTA) for the Laidlaw contracted route 444.
- MVTA unit 0?? Lic. Plate: 2C5750.
- MVTA unit 0?? Lic. Plate: 2C5752.
- Some units (possibly 6) were leased to South Carolina Electric & Gas Company until September 2002. The units were numbered into the 3500 series and units such as 3502, 3503, 3506 & 3509 were spotted operating.
- Andrew Novak - Rapid Transit Press
- www.mvta.com & www.mvta.com - image
- www.rapidtransit-press.com & www.rapidtransit-press.com - image
- mn.gov (Ctrl+F 471, 485)
- www.mn.gov (Ctrl+F 476, 478)
- www.vindb.org (Ctrl+F 1988 Gillig)